Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Jupiter’s Legacy

Postby bankska22 » Jun Thu 03, 2021 10:16 am

Netflix is not moving forward with the second season of Mark Millar’s superhero series Jupiter’s Legacy and they released the cast from their contracts. But, they have ordered a live-action series adaptation of one of Millar’s other comic book properties, Supercrooks.

The story for Supercrooks is set within the same universe as Jupiter’s Legacy, but will follow the supervillain characters instead of the superheroes like Jupiter’s Legacy did. Based on my experience with Jupiter’s Legacy, though, I’m not sure if I’ll be watching Supercrooks.

I watched two episodes of Jupiter Legacy before I gave up on it. The series just didn’t interest me or grab my attention. From what I saw, it wasn’t really a well-made show. There are so many shows and movies out there that I’m watching that if a series can’t win me over in two episodes, I’m out. But, if some of you have seen it and think it’s worth following through to the end, let me know, and I’ll put it back on my list of things to watch.

Netflix is positioning this Supercrooks show as the next installment in an anthology series. There is also a Supercrooks anime series in development that’s coming to Netflix as well. Miller Had this to say in a statement about this latest news:

“I’m really proud of what the team achieved with ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ and the amazing work everyone did on that origin season. I’ve been asked a lot about what we’re planning next with this world and the answer is to see what the super-villains are getting up to. I’ve always loved crime stories from Scorcese to Tarantino and super-villains are always the most fun part of any superhero story. To do something exclusively focused on the villains they fight just feels incredibly fresh as we explore what it’s like to be a bad guy in a world crawling with good guys who want to put you in jail. ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ is a vast and rich space with lots of characters to mine and so I’m happy to share that our next step here is a live-action version of the ‘Supercrooks’ comic I created with Leinil Francis Yu a few years back. Given where we’re going next, we’ve made the tough call of letting our incredible cast out of their show commitment as we continue to thoughtfully develop all realms of the ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ saga. We’re confident we’ll return to it later and just want to say thanks to you guys for your continued support and to the cast and crew who made this look so great.”

Jupiter’s Legacy starred Josh Duhamel, Ben Daniels, Leslie Bibb, Elena Kampouris, Andrew Horton, Mike Wade, and Matt Lanter.

Jupiter’s Legacy is a multigenerational drama that follows the world’s first generation of superheroes, who received their powers in the 1930s. In the present day, they’re the revered elder guard, but their superpowered children struggle to live up to the legendary feats of their parents.

I was actually looking forward to watching this series, but it just ended up disappointing expectations.
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 977
CoverArt: 1917
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Re: Jupiter’s Legacy

Postby VincentLupo » Jun Fri 04, 2021 3:25 am

Never looked very good to me so I'm not supprised.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)Pandapedia Official Founder (1)Official Panda Moderator (1)

Postby Jazzy » Jun Fri 04, 2021 8:20 pm

No, no, no...
Jazzy
Administrator
It must be 5 O'clock somewhere on this planet....Beer Time!
Topics: 542
CoverArt: 938
Resources: 75
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2016 Design Merit Contest (1)

Postby chouette » Jun Sat 05, 2021 5:58 pm

Didn't watch Jupiter's Legacy yet, probably won't, although Josh Duhamel is part of the cast, so there's that. But I doubt very much I will watch Supercrooks. I can't see it more promising, probably even less.
chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6499
Resources: 284
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Postby bankska22 » Jun Sun 06, 2021 12:33 am

Totally agree. If the good guys can't keep the ratings up, how could a bunch of crooks.
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 977
CoverArt: 1917
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)