Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Donald Glover

Postby bankska22 » May Tue 18, 2021 1:41 pm

Actor, writer, comedian, musician, and producer Donald Glover has some thoughts on how this cancel culture we live in is affecting entertainment. In a rare response to what he’s seeing on social media and the boring film and TV stuff that is being released, Glover explains that cancel culture a cause of that. He shared:

"Saw people on here havin a discussion about how tired they were of reviewing boring stuff (tv & film). We're getting boring stuff and not even experimental mistakes(?) because people are afraid of getting cancelled so they feel like they can only experiment w/ aesthetic. (Also because some of em know they’re not that good)"

I totally agree. This crazy cancel culture thing we’re currently in the middle of is kind of ridiculous. Comedians have been speaking out against cancel culture for a while, some believing that it will cause the death of comedy and creativity. These days, no matter what anyone says about anything, there’s going to be someone out there that’s offended, and with social media, all of it’s amplified.

There certainly is a fear of being canceled these days, people’s careers are being destroyed because of it. It’s a strange time that we live in. I’m not sure how this whole cancel culture thing is going to play out, but there’s no fun when people are living in fear.

If anyone can help get us out of this rut of boring entertainment and help lead the charge on bold and fearless creativity it’s Glover.
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 974
CoverArt: 1914
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Re: Donald Glover

Postby chouette » May Tue 18, 2021 6:15 pm

Good luck with that Glover. Unfortunately, social media is there to stay with all its diversity. I tend to form my own opinion. With that said, most everything coming out sucks lately, lol
chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6488
Resources: 282
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Return to News Bits & Rumors