Here are my "Must Knows" for becoming a great custom cover designer....maybe you could add some of your own ??
1. Always position yourself to sit facing you PC monitor
2. Remember to save your images as PSD files and not word document files.
3. HD is a term used by designers to signify that they are Highly Delighted with their efforts.
4. If you are going to use a tablet try and remember to use the Pen that comes with it...I found this tip to work reasonably well.
5. Do Not try swallowing your tablet with a glass of water.
6. Blu-ray is a beam of light emitting from an Aliens head.
7. Critique is a word used to tell you how brilliant you are.
8. To become a top cover designer you must own a bigger and better PC than 99% of other designers, (and preferably live in a much bigger house).
9. If your working on a cover and a fire breaks out in your home, simply unplug your PC and Monitor and ask your neighbor if you can live with them.
10. Top cover artists usually spend up to 26 hours a day working on their projects.
11. Producing large cover sets can result in alcoholism.
12. Most other artists are rubbish except for you.
13. Plug-ins are things like PC's and Televisions....Filters are something you put into a hoover or water softener.
14. The pen tool is particularly useful for something.
15. When people say your work is rubbish this usually means they are pathological liars.
16. Its worth remembering the better you become the less friends you will have.
17. Top artists always check on their families at least once a month to make sure they are still living in the same house.
18. Spine Art is term used for somebody who has a Tattoo on their back.
19. Photoshop can sometimes be mistaken for photographers studio.