Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

The Slippery Soapbox

You have opinions to share and bizarre questions to ask, this is the place for discussions that don't fit any other forum section.

Re: The OFFICIAL SPORTS thread

Postby Wrench » Oct Fri 12, 2018 4:20 pm

alienmem wrote:I'm so excited to see Brady kick Kansas's a$$!!! it's gonna be so much fun  :-$

Brady is just a cry baby :-l
Click on Image Below To View My Covers Image

Wrench
EFX Comp Organizer
If It's Not Broke I'll Break It
Topics: 762
CoverArt: 1362
Resources: 392
Medals: 12
Wrench 3000 (1)Wrench 2500 (1)Wrench 2000 (1)Wrench 1500 (1)
2017 March Label Contest (1)Wrench 1000 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2016 (1)Wrench 500 (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Oct Fri 12, 2018 4:24 pm

alienmem wrote:I'm so excited to see Brady kick Kansas's a$$!!! it's gonna be so much fun  :-$

I hope the Patriots destroy them like 48-3 or something.

I fear for the Steelers, it's a division rivalry game and the baby tigers are playing well, we have the talent to beat them but that does not mean we will, our D has been sucking for the most part...
You can find all my covers by clicking the spine image, if you download any please leave a comment or smiley, thanks
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1061
CoverArt: 2002
Resources: 12544
Medals: 35
COTM September 2018 (1)2018 September Cover Contest (1)2018 July Cover Contest (1)COTM June 2018 (1)
COTM February 2018 (1)COTM July 2017 (1)2017 May Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2017 (1)

Postby alienmem » Oct Fri 12, 2018 5:39 pm

ctaulbee wrote:

I hope the Patriots destroy them like 48-3 or something.

I fear for the Steelers, it's a division rivalry game and the baby tigers are playing well, we have the talent to beat them but that does not mean we will, our D has been sucking for the most part...

And they will. Remember the time the Pats lost to the Jaguars and after that I was lamenting losing to them and I belive it was Topmeasure who said that the result was no surprise because the Patriots defense sucked?

Well, I partially agree with that. It sucked at the time. What I saw last week was a totally different ball game. The Pats are looking more and more like themselves. Remember that at the beginning of the season the Patriots had something like 20+ new players on their roaster. Belichick and the Patriots organization are known to be patient.

Having said that, Kansas has an amazing offense as of yet. No question but they have conceided a lot of points along the way and coming do Foxborough no rookie QB or any QB under the age of 25 has ever, let me bold this out EVER won a game against the Pats.

Haters are going to hate. When someone has success a lot of people get jealous and particularly in sports, the media is the one that starts it because they don't want a dominant team. So they want this QB Patrick Mahomes(who's been outstanding, make no mistake) to outlesson Brady. I don't know the future, but Brady has 5 rings, has 8 trips to the superbowl, has something like 572 TD passes, the most in NFL history. This Mahomes dude has 5 starts. Once again I'm not saying he's not talented. Talent alone doesn't get you nowhere, but I seriously believe KC will lose and if they lose the patriots will have the momentum to build on the win and potentially win the AFC and have home field advantage. Possibly.

Regarding the Steelers, with all that's going on. Big Ben saying he's not going to advocate for leveon bell once he returns and saying stuff I belive should stay in the locker room like when he said Antonio Brown would be better if he just ran in a straight line or something. I don't know what's going on in the Steelers locker room but this is a team sport and these things matter. But Steelers have owned the Bengals in their last 5 or 6 games(home or away) so while pressure is on the Steelers, no doubt about it, make no mistake that the Bengals will have that mental handicap on them, even they being 4-1.
alienmem
Ambassador
I'm in a transitional period
Topic author
Topics: 84
CoverArt: 106
Medals: 2
Wile E. Coyote Genius 2017 (1)Showdown Alienmem def Jamshedt (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Oct Sun 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Steelers beat the Bengals at home... again... the domination continues, I'm a very happy camper.

:bigsmile1:
You can find all my covers by clicking the spine image, if you download any please leave a comment or smiley, thanks
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
COTM September 2018 (1)2018 September Cover Contest (1)2018 July Cover Contest (1)COTM June 2018 (1)
COTM February 2018 (1)COTM July 2017 (1)2017 May Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2017 (1)

Postby tmscrapbook » Oct Sun 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Seahawks made mincemeat out of the Raiders today!   :-$   GO HAWKS  :D
tmscrapbook
Design Pro 10K
#1 Seattle Seahawks Fan
Topics: 69
CoverArt: 12161
Medals: 13
Contributor Of The Year (1)2017 January Cover Contest (1)tmscrapbook 25,000 (1)tmscrapbook 9500 (1)
tmscrapbook 8500 (1)tmscrapbook 7500 (1)tmscrapbook 6500 (1)tmscrapbook 5500 (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Oct Wed 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Well the Celtics won, it sure wasn't pretty they played god awful but the 6ers played worse lol, so a win is a win, I'll take it and be happy.

:D
ctaulbee
Super Administrator

Postby alienmem » Oct Thu 18, 2018 5:29 am

ctaulbee wrote:Well the Celtics won, it sure wasn't pretty they played god awful but the 6ers played worse lol, so a win is a win, I'll take it and be happy.

:D

They didn't play that bad but. Tatum is showing he's already a star. Horford is never "showy" but always efficient. Brown did some good stuff here and there. Kyrie has an awful game though. Everything he shot just didn't want to go in. Hayward didn't make a good game but these last two came from injuries. I think when the machinery gets going we have the potential to beat anyone. We have depth in our bench. Rozier would probably be a starter in 50% or more of all NBA teams. Smart is a hustler. We have Baynes and Theis, two bigs who aren't that bad.

But heck, Irving has a night off. Hayward is at 10% and we still win Philly by 18 points? I'd take that every day of the week.
alienmem
Ambassador
Topic author

Postby alienmem » Oct Thu 18, 2018 1:23 pm

alienmem
Ambassador
Topic author

Previous