Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Dwayne Johnson • Namor

Postby bankska22 » May Mon 06, 2019 11:55 am

images.squarespasssce-cdn.com.jpg
images.squarespasssce-cdn.com.jpg (229.22 KiB) Viewed 422 times

After Avengers: Endgame had a huge successful opening, Dwayne Johnson took to Instagram to congratulate them and also teased a future meeting with Kevin Feige. He said:

“Of course, congratulations to the architect and the mastermind behind this whole thing, Kevin Feige. Congratulations my friend. It’s been so cool to watch and witness and learn, as I watched you and your team just meticulous storytelling over the years it’s just been incredible…and I know our assistants have been trying to get us together for dinner for months now, we’re both super busy boys and I look forward to our schedule linking-up.”

There’s no doubt in my mind that Feige wants to be in business with Johnson and that Johnson wants to be in business with Marvel. From a business stand point it makes so much sense.

So what project could Johnson be wanted for by Marvel? Well, according to a report from MovieHole, “They’ve been talking about a number of different possibilities – the actor has his pick of the board – all of which Johnson would produce and headline.”

The report goes on to say that one film projects that an inside source has been “floated Johnson’s way” is the character Namor.  

In all honesty, it’s not hard to imagine Johnson in the role of Namor the Sub-Mariner at all. He’s actually kind of a perfect choice.

But if he did take on a film project with Marvel what would that mean for his relationship with DC? As you know, Johnson is also suppose to star in a Black Adam movie for them. I’m sure that Johnson will find the time to do both, and Black Adam would obviously come first since that project is so much farther along.

I don’t expect to see a Namor movie announced as part of Marvel’s upcoming five year plan reveal, but it was teased by director Scott Derrickson that Doctor Strange 2 might include the character. That has yet to be seen or confirmed, though.

Before Iron Man was released there were a couple attempts to make a Sub-Mariner movie by Universal Pictures. Marvel Studios ended up getting the rights back to the character back in 2014 so now they are just waiting for the right time to pull the trigger on it.

Would you like to see Johnson take on the role of Namor? If not, who would your choice for the character be?
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 977
CoverArt: 1917
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Re: Dwayne Johnson • Namor

Postby chouette » May Mon 06, 2019 7:03 pm

That's too long to read Kev, lol - But to answer the question at the end, I think Dwayne Johnson should play in EVERY movies no matter what!

:D  :D
chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6499
Resources: 284
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Re: Dwayne Johnson • Namor

Postby VincentLupo » May Tue 07, 2019 2:11 am

It could work.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)Pandapedia Official Founder (1)Official Panda Moderator (1)

Return to News Bits & Rumors