Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Re: Canceled and Renewed TV Series

Postby Fogdude » Jul Tue 18, 2017 7:25 am

I was a huge fan of the original '24' series, but I lost interest when they revived it, but departed from the original 24 episode format. It just made no sense. The whole premise was 24 episodes, each an hour in a 24 hour day. Cutting it back to 12 episodes just ruined it & made it no different than any other short run series. This last incarnation was totally uninspiring. I didn't even bother to watch it, at all & its demise bothers me not in the least. It's a shame. They had a good thing. They broke ground with it.
Fogdude
VIP Subscriber
If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Topics: 153
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the one looking up from beneath your desk...
Medals: 1
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby alienmem » Jul Tue 18, 2017 7:41 am

American Gods is awesome so Fog and Chou...You don't really need to watch it! :)
alienmem
VIP Subscriber
I'm in a transitional period
Topics: 87
CoverArt: 122
Medals: 2
Wile E. Coyote Genius 2017 (1)Showdown Alienmem def Jamshedt (1)

Postby Fogdude » Jul Tue 18, 2017 8:36 am

alienmem wrote:American Gods is awesome so Fog and Chou...You don't really need to watch it! :)

Too late. I finally convinced my wife to try it out with me. We didn't make it through the 1st episode. It was even worse than Sense8. I appreciate the heads up, though. Next time, I'll wait a bit longer, just in case you voice an opinion. :D
Fogdude
VIP Subscriber
If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Topics: 153
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the one looking up from beneath your desk...
Medals: 1
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby alienmem » Jul Tue 18, 2017 11:21 am

Fogdude wrote:
alienmem wrote:American Gods is awesome so Fog and Chou...You don't really need to watch it! :)

Too late. I finally convinced my wife to try it out with me. We didn't make it through the 1st episode. It was even worse than Sense8. I appreciate the heads up, though. Next time, I'll wait a bit longer, just in case you voice an opinion. :D

Yeah whenever you wanna try a new tv show or a movie first ask my opinion. That way you save precious time.  :D

It does really look like we differ in taste 100%..hehe

Nothing wrong with that I say. if everybody only liked chocalate, vanilla would be pretty depressed  :D
alienmem
VIP Subscriber
I'm in a transitional period
Topics: 87
CoverArt: 122
Medals: 2
Wile E. Coyote Genius 2017 (1)Showdown Alienmem def Jamshedt (1)

Postby sauron » Jul Tue 18, 2017 11:27 am

I've heard it's meant to be pretty good but also confusing - I'm yet to watch it.
sauron
VIP Subscriber
Build me a cover worthy of Mordor.
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 27
Resources: 9

Postby ctaulbee » Jul Tue 18, 2017 11:44 am

alienmem wrote:...If everybody only liked chocolate, vanilla would be pretty depressed

Strawberry would have a bad day too  :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Gallery  •  Please leave a vote and short comment if you download my work, thanks.  •  My Criterion Collection
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1091
CoverArt: 3412
Resources: 4628
Medals: 56
2021 Cover of The Year (1)COTM March 2021 (1)COTM January 2021 (1)COTM November 2020 (1)
COTM July 2020 (1)COTM February 2020 (1)COTM January 2020 (1)COTM December 2019 (1)

Postby sauron » Jul Tue 18, 2017 11:51 am

ctaulbee wrote:
alienmem wrote:...If everybody only liked chocolate, vanilla would be pretty depressed

Strawberry would have a bad day too  :)

:giggle: :giggle:
sauron
VIP Subscriber
Build me a cover worthy of Mordor.
CoverArt: 27
Resources: 9

Postby chouette » Jul Tue 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't watched it yet, lol
chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topic author
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6499
Resources: 284
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Postby chouette » Mar Wed 14, 2018 5:02 pm

A recent update for the TV Series fans out there! – Like me. :D

Renewed: "Power" - Starz has ordered a sixth season of its popular drama. The series previously had been picked up for another two-season run, with Season 5 slated to premiere on July 1, 2018.

Canceled: "The Librarians" - TNT will not renew its librarian fantasy-adventure series after four seasons. Star Noah Wyle previously had been linked to an upcoming pilot. Show-runner Dean Devlin left the door open for the show finding a new home elsewhere. - Darn!

Renewed: "The Good Doctor" - ABC's freshman hit "The Good Doctor," which stars Freddie Highmore a young surgeon with autism and savant syndrome, has been renewed for a second season.

Renewed: "Schitt's Creek" - The Pop network announced that it has renewed this comedy for a 14-episode Season 5 that will debut in winter 2019. - Love this comedy!

Renewed: "Black Mirror" - Netflix has ordered a fifth season of its science-fiction anthology series. Rumors of spinoffs for popular episodes such as "USS Callister" still abound.

Canceled: "Wayward Pines" - Fox has canceled M. Night Shyamalan's mystery sci-fi drama after two seasons.

Renewed: "The Magicians" - Syfy has renewed this drama about young people with magic powers for a 13-episode Season 4, which will debut in 2019. - Nice!

Renewed: "Corporate" - After performance reviews, Comedy Central announced it will pick up a second season of this half-hour dark comedy about junior executives in a less-than-ideal working environment.

Renewed: "Lore" - Amazon announced that it is planning on a second season of this horror anthology.

Renewed: "Superstore" - As this comedy rounds into the home stretch of Season 3, NBC announced its renewal for a fourth season. - Not bad for a comedy.

Renewed: "Grace and Frankie" - On Valentine's Day, Netflix announced that it would pick up a fifth season of this comedy.

Canceled: "Disjointed" - Netflix has canceled this comedy about a Los Angeles marijuana operation after its lone two-part season.

Renewed: "Midnight, Texas" - NBC announced a second season of this drama from "True Blood" author Charlaine Harris' vampire trilogy. The show will get new show-runners for Season 2. - Nice!

Renewed: "Bosch" - Prior to Season 4's release on April 13, 2018, Amazon Studios renewed the detective series for a fifth season. Eric Ellis Overmyer will rejoin the show as co-showrunner, after stepping away for Season 4 to work on "The Man in the High Castle."

Renewed: "No Activity" - The first original scripted comedy on CBS All Access has been picked up for a second season, the streaming network announced. The show is a Funny Or Die offshoot of an Australian series of the same name.

Canceled: "Once Upon a Time" - Season 7 of this Disney drama will be its last, as ABC has announced that the heavily rebooted series will not return after its current season ends. - Awww…

Canceled: "Shut Eye" - After two seasons, Hulu has canceled this drama series, star Jeffrey Donovan announced on Twitter.

Renewed: "Suits" - USA Network has renewed the legal drama for an eighth season and confirmed Patrick J. Adams and Meghan Markle will depart the series at the end of its seventh season. The second half of Season 7 is set to premiere on March 28. - Sweet!

Renewed: "The Chi" - Lena Waithe's "The Chi" has been renewed for a second season on Showtime.

Renewed: "Fuller House" - Netflix has renewed "Fuller House" for a fourth season.

Canceled: "Damnation" - USA Network has canceled "Damnation," the drama set in 1930s middle America, after one season.

Renewed: "Grown-ish" - There will be a sophomore year for "Grown-ish," as Freeform has ordered a second season of the "Black-ish" spinoff.

Canceled: "Jean-Claude Van Johnson" - Amazon has canceled its original series "Jean-Claude Van Johnson," a comedy starring the action-movie actor Jean-Claude Van Damme. – THANK GOD!!

Renewed: "The Tick" - Amazon has renewed "The Tick," the series based on the popular comic book character, for a 10-episode second season. - Right…

Canceled: "The Shannara Chronicles" - The Paramount Network, formerly known as Spike TV, has passed on this adventure series, which had formerly appeared on MTV. Reports left the door open for the show to move to another network for Season 3.

Renewed: "9-1-1" - FOX has renewed Ryan Murphy's first-responders drama for a second season. - Good series.

Canceled: "Lady Dynamite" - Netflix has parted ways with Maria Bamford's comedy about a woman living with bipolar disorder after a two-season, 20-episode run. - They probably forgot it was airing.

Renewed: "The Walking Dead" - Prior to the second half of Season 8 airing, AMC renewed its long-running zombie — sorry, walker franchise hub for Season 9. - Why?

Renewed: "Liar" - SundanceTV has renewed the psychological drama "Liar," which stars Joanne Froggatt ("Downton Abbey") and Ioan Gruffudd ("Fantastic Four"), for a second season.

Renewed: "Stan Against Evil" - There will be more evil demon-things to fight, as IFC has renewed this horror-comedy for Season 3.

Renewed: "American Dad!" - The Seth MacFarlane animated series will stretch at least through Season 14, as TBS announced it has picked up another two seasons of the long-running show. - Oh my, this is still airing?

Canceled: "Chance" - The run of this Hugh Laurie psychological thriller on Hulu will end after two seasons, the streaming network announced.

Renewed: "Runaways" - The Marvel series "Runaways" has received a 13-episode Season 2 order on Hulu. - I haven’t watched it yet, but that’s good news.

Renewed: "Young Sheldon" - CBS has renewed its freshman comedy — a spinoff prequel of "The Big Bang Theory"— for a second season. - Again, why?

Renewed: "The Gifted" - Fox has renewed the X-Men Universe series for a second season.

Canceled: "The Fosters" - Although Freeform will be ending this adoption drama after five seasons, it has ordered a spinoff with stars Cierra Ramirez and Maia Mitchell.

Renewed: "She's Gotta Have It" - Creator Spike Lee announced that Netflix has ordered a second season of the adaptation of his 1986 film, shortly after Season 1 debuted.

Canceled: "White Famous" - Showtime has canceled this Jay Pharoah vehicle after one season.

Renewed: "The OA" - Co-creator and star Brit Marling has confirmed Netflix has renewed "The OA" for a second season.

Renewed: "Van Helsing" - Syfy will bite off a bit more of this vampire drama by picking it up for Season 3.

Renewed: "Frontier" - Season 3 of this Jason Momoa starrer will stream later this year, Netflix says.

Renewed: "Mr. Robot" - USA Network has renewed “Mr. Robot” for a fourth season.

Renewed: "The Punisher" - Netflix has ordered a second season of the Marvel drama about a vigilante with revenge on his mind.

Renewed: "Shooter" - Ryan Phillippe and friends will return for Season 3 of this USA Network drama. - Nice!

Renewed: "Mindhunter" - Netflix has ordered a second season of this crime drama thriller, centered on FBI agents who delve into the psychology of murder.

Renewed: "SMILF" - Shortly into the show's first season, Showtime announced it will pick up a second season of this half-hour single-mother comedy.

Renewed: "The Good Place" - NBC has given a third-season renewal to this comedy series.

Canceled: "Nashville" - The country music drama will end after its sixth season on CMT, which revived the show after it was canceled by ABC after four seasons.

Renewed: "Shameless" - Shortly into the run of Season 8, Showtime ordered Season 9 of its popular series.

Renewed: "The Orville" - FOX has ordered a second season of Seth MacFarlane's intergalactic show prior to the end of its first season. - Banks will be thrilled! lol

Renewed: "Preacher" - After a cliffhanger ending to Season 2, AMC has ordered a third season of "Preacher," as the gang looks for revitalization and more on the outskirts of New Orleans.

Renewed: "American Vandal" - Netflix has announced that it will run a second season of its true-crime parody.

Canceled: "Zoo" - CBS has canceled the series, based on the James Patterson book of the same name, after three seasons.

Renewed: "Ray Donovan" - Showtime has renewed the Liev Schreiber fixer drama for a sixth season and is relocating its setting to New York City.

Renewed: "Star Trek: Discovery" - CBS All Access has renewed the latest installment of the sci-fi franchise for a second season. - If only they would release it on disc…

Renewed: "Casual" - The sibling dramedy has been renewed for an abbreviated fourth and final season, with eight episodes.

Renewed: "Salvation" - CBS has renewed the sci-fi asteroid thriller for a second season with a 13-episode order. - Sounds good!

Canceled: "The Night Shift" - NBC has decided against resuscitating this medical drama after four seasons.
chouette
Site Moderator
Topic author
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Postby Sarge » Mar Thu 15, 2018 7:02 am

Whats wrong with The Orville choutte?  Hey Banks, at least there are two of us who like it.  :-V
Sarge
Artisan
Topics: 12
CoverArt: 796
Resources: 11

Postby stampe » Mar Fri 16, 2018 10:19 am

chouette wrote:Canceled: "The Librarians" - TNT will not renew its librarian fantasy-adventure series after four seasons. Star Noah Wyle previously had been linked to an upcoming pilot. Show-runner Dean Devlin left the door open for the show finding a new home elsewhere. - Darn!

i like the 3 movies, but the show was a bit too "childish" lol

chouette wrote:Renewed: "Runaways" - The Marvel series "Runaways" has received a 13-episode Season 2 order on Hulu. - I haven’t watched it yet, but that’s good news.

it's horrible. not everything marvel is good  :roll

chouette wrote:Renewed: "Frontier" - Season 3 of this Jason Momoa starrer will stream later this year, Netflix says.

Nice! :D

chouette wrote:Renewed: "Ray Donovan" - Showtime has renewed the Liev Schreiber fixer drama for a sixth season and is relocating its setting to New York City.

im surprised. i thought they ended the show.  :-!

chouette wrote:Renewed: "Star Trek: Discovery" - CBS All Access has renewed the latest installment of the sci-fi franchise for a second season. - If only they would release it on disc…

Nice :)

Thanks chouette  :girlie
stampe
Artisan
dyslexic one
Topics: 62
CoverArt: 332
Resources: 5
Medals: 5
COTM May 2023 (1)COTM February 2023 (1)COTM February 2021 (1)2017 September Cover Contest (1)
Showdown Stampe def Jamshedt (1)

Postby topmeasure » Mar Mon 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Sarge wrote:Whats wrong with The Orville choutte?  Hey Banks, at least there are two of us who like it.  :-V

I also love The Orville, it's a bit goofy, but a fun show.
topmeasure
Forum Director
I Give You One Like!
Topics: 833
CoverArt: 675
Resources: 12
Medals: 6
EFX Forum Champ 2022 (1)EFX Forum Champ 2021 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2020 (1)EFX 5K Post Club (1)
EFX Froum Champ 2019 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2018 (1)

Postby jamshedt » Mar Wed 21, 2018 12:54 am

Renewed: "Taken"
Announced: May 9, 2017 - NBC has renewed the prequel to the hit action film franchise of the same name for a second season, consisting of 16 episodes.

Head Banging.png
Head Banging.png (157.63 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
jamshedt
Exclusive Resident
Your Desthpicable
Topics: 65
CoverArt: 2221
Occupation: Just a regular guy trying to break the fourth wall !!
Medals: 14
2023 July Cover Contest (1)2021 Best Loser Cover Contest (1)2020 November Cover Contest (1)2020 July Cover Contest (1)
2019 Best Loser Cover Contest (1)2018 October Cover Contest (1)2018 Best Loser Cover Contest (1)2017 Design Merit Contest (1)

Postby Moviebugg88 » Mar Sun 25, 2018 1:11 pm

We all know my fav Chou, and there cancelling it. I hate OUAT has to go on season 7 also. And with that almost being the best show on the list except Marvel's Runaways and The Magicians that I both love, I can tell you too catch up on marvel's runaways. Yes its a teen filled show but the overall meaning of the show is very eye catching. And chou, I also wanted to thank you for your comment on my cover. I had tried messaging you yesterday but I am not allowed, so i'm gonna buy a subscription but I wanted too tell you how cool all your dvd covers are. I think we like the same shows.  
:-=
"*KEEP CALM*.....It's only the Trailer"
Moviebugg88
Sussed Member
Never forget too brush your teeth.
CoverArt: 195

Postby chouette » Mar Sun 25, 2018 11:10 pm

Moviebugg88 wrote:I also wanted to thank you for your comment on my cover.

You're welcome. ;)
chouette
Site Moderator
Topic author

Postby Moviebugg88 » May Sat 05, 2018 3:33 am

Heyy Chou....Its Bugg....How are you? I just wanted too let you know that Fox's Empire will also be renewed for a Season 5....I have my sources for very early info as well...Well there you go....One too add....Superb list by the way  :D  :-o
"*KEEP CALM*.....It's only the Trailer"
Moviebugg88
Sussed Member
Never forget too brush your teeth.
CoverArt: 195

Postby chouette » May Sun 06, 2018 2:25 am

Thanks Bugg, good to know about Empire! Woot, woot! :D
chouette
Site Moderator
Topic author

Postby chouette » Jun Sun 10, 2018 1:56 am

May 2018 update:

Canceled and Renewed: "The Expanse" - After three seasons, Syfy announced it was canceling the space epic, with the show to air its finale episode in July 2018. After an outpouring of support from devoted and hopeful fans, Amazon has decided to pick up the show for a fourth season, with Jeff Bezos announcing the renewal during a panel with the cast and crew at the National Space Society in Los Angeles.

Renewed: "Baskets" - FX has ordered a fourth season of this dark-comedy series, starring Zach Galifianakis and Louie Anderson.

Canceled: "Code Black" - Showrunner Michael Seitzman announced on Twitter that CBS has canceled this hospital-based procedural after its three-season run.

Renewed: "Krypton"- Syfy ordered a second season of its Superman prequel series shortly before its Season 1 finale.

Canceled: "LA to Vegas" - Jackpot Airlines has been grounded, with FOX cancelling this single-camera comedy about a Las Vegas flight crew after its lone season.

Renewed: "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" - Amazon Studios head Jennifer Salke confirmed that the Amy Sherman-Palladino-led series will see a third season. The order reportedly is for 10 episodes, down from the 18 in this year's Season 2.

Canceled: "Falling Water" - USA has canceled this supernatural drama after its two-season run.

Canceled: "The Last Ship" - Season 5 will be the last season for "The Last Ship," with TNT moving the USS Nathan James and its crew to dry dock.

Renewed: "Siren"- Freeform has renewed its mermaid-centric series, starring Eline Powell as a mysterious visitor to a coastal community, for a second season.

Renewed: "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." - Marvel will continue its run on ABC, with the network picking up "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." for a sixth season that reportedly will start in summer 2019. Earlier, the network announced it had canceled Marvel's "Inhumans" after one season.

Renewed: "Lost in Space" - One month after it brought the Robinson family back to TV, Netflix picked up a second season of "Lost in Space."

Renewed: "Gotham" - As it closes its fourth season in pre-Batman Gotham City, "Gotham" has received an order for a Season 5. It will be the final season for the show on FOX.

Renewed: "Lethal Weapon" - With a dramatic bit of retooling, "Lethal Weapon" was renewed for a third season. Seann William Scott is a new addition to the cast. He will play a new character, replacing Clayne Crawford, who was fired from the show due to his on-set behavior.

Renewed: "Elementary" - Despite reportedly being the lowest-rated drama on CBS, this Sherlock Holmes series has received a Season 7 order on the network.

Renewed: "Criminal Minds," "Instinct," "Life in Pieces," and "Man With a Plan" - As part of its upfronts announcements, CBS renewed four scripted series: "Criminal Minds" for Season 14, "Instinct" for Season 2, "Life in Pieces" for Season 5, and "Man With a Plan" for Season 3.

Renewed: "The Blacklist" - NBC has picked up "The Blacklist" for a 22-episode Season 6, with stars James Spader and Megan Boone returning.

Canceled: "Kevin Can Wait" - Despite shuffling its cast for Season 2 to resemble Kevin James' hit comedy "King of Queens" more closely, CBS canceled James' "Kevin Can Wait" before it hit Season 3.

Canceled: "Scorpion" and "Superior Donuts" - CBS has canceled its procedural about security-maintaining super-geniuses after its four-season run, in addition to shutting down "Superior Donuts" after two seasons.

Renewed: "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" - After FOX canceled "Brooklyn Nine-Nine," NBC swooped in to grab it. Season 6 will air on the peacock with the latest 13-episode order.

Renewed: "American Housewife," "Black-ish," "For the People," "Fresh Off the Boat," "How to Get Away With Murder," and "Station 19" - ABC renewed a good chunk of its slate in one fell swoop, ordering additional seasons of "American Housewife" (Season 3), "Black-ish" (Season 5), "For the People" (Season 2), "Fresh Off the Boat" (Season 5), "How to Get Away With Murder" (Season 5), and "Station 19" (Season 2).

Canceled: "The Crossing," "Deception," "Inhumans," and "Kevin Saves the World" - Marvel's "Inhumans" joined "The Crossing," "Deception," and "Kevin Saves the World" on the list of freshman shows that ABC has canceled.

Renewed: "iZombie" - The CW has ordered a fifth season of its zombie-positive series. It will be the final season for the show and will air in midseason 2019, the network later announced.

Canceled: "Designated Survivor" and "Quantico" - ABC has bid adieu to two dramas: "Designated Survivor," after two seasons, and "Quantico," after three.

Renewed: "Splitting Up Together" - ABC has ordered a second season of this series, in which a couple realize that divorce has brought them closer together.

Canceled: "The Exorcist" - Fox has removed its exorcism drama from its schedule after its two-season run.

Canceled: "Taken" - It might have been canceled at NBC, but Bryan Mills is using his unique set of skills to try to find a new home for the show.

Renewed: "Last Man Standing" - Fox has revived Tim Allen's comedy series, which ABC had canceled in 2017.

Renewed: "The Detour" - There's no re-routing the Parker family from the TBS schedule. The comedy has been renewed for Season 4.

Renewed: "Speechless" - ABC has ordered a third season for the Minnie Driver-led sitcom.

Canceled: "Lucifer" - The comic-based series "Lucifer" will end after three seasons, with FOX announcing its cancellation.

Canceled: "The Brave" - NBC has canceled this military-themed series after its lone season.

Renewed: "Blindspot" - "Blindspot" has more story to tell: The series — focusing on the continuing mystery of the tattoos on its primary character, Jane Doe (Jaimie Alexander) — received an order for a fourth season on NBC.

Renewed: "Cobra Kai" - "Cobra Kai," YouTube Red's revisiting of the The Karate Kid universe, will return to the streaming service for a second season. It debuted on YouTube Red on May 2, 2018.

Renewed: "Chicago Fire," "Chicago Med," "Chicago P.D.," and "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" - TV fans will have one more year to decide how to spell the signature "dunh-dunh" sound ("Doink-doink?" "Chuh-chonk?" "Sheh-bloink?") of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," as NBC has renewed the procedural and three other Dick Wolf series, each set in the Windy City. "SVU" will thus tie "Gunsmoke" as the longest-running live-action series in TV history.

Renewed: "Outlander" - Season 4 of the time-travel series "Outlander" doesn't premiere until November 2018, but Starz appears to like what it has seen. The network has ordered fifth and sixth seasons of the show.

Renewed: "A.P. Bio" - It'll be another semester for "A.P. Bio," with NBC ordering a Season 2 shortly after the end of its first season.

Canceled: "Life Sentence" - The CW canceled this series, about a young woman who beats cancer, after its lone season.

Canceled: "Valor" - The CW's military drama will not return to the network for a second season.

Renewed: "The 100" - The CW is keeping it 100, as it has renewed its post-apocalyptic drama for a sixth season.

Renewed: "Good Girls" - NBC has ordered a second season of "Good Girls." The show stars Christina Hendricks, Retta, and Mae Whitman as suburban moms who work through the consequences of turning to a life of crime.

Renewed: "The Good Fight" - The first series to premiere on CBS All Access has been renewed for a third season, the streaming network announced. The announcement came just before the Season 2 finale of the spinoff of CBS' "The Good Wife."

Renewed: "Empire" - FOX has renewed the music-biz drama for a fifth season.

Renewed: "The Handmaid's Tale" - Hulu has ordered a third season "The Handmaid's Tale." The streaming network made the announcement as Season 2 kicked into high gear. Showrunner Bruce Miller also inked a multiyear development deal with Hulu and MGM Television.

Renewed: "McMafia" - BBC One has placed an eight-episode order for "McMafia," which debuted on the network in early 2018. AMC, which airs the Russian-crime drama in the U.S., did not say if it will pick up Season 2 at time of the initial announcement.

Renewed: "Westworld" - Shortly into the run of Season 2, "Westworld" gained a Season 3 order from HBO. A premiere date for the next season of the sci-fi drama has yet to be announced, with Season 2 having started in April 2018.

Renewed: "Billions" - In the middle of "Billions" Season 3, Showtime announced that it has picked up the drama series for a fourth season on the network.

Canceled: "Roseanne" - ABC reversed course on the revival of "Roseanne," canceling it after comments star Roseanne Barr made on Twitter on May 29. The network had originally ordered a 13-episode second season in March 2018.
chouette
Site Moderator
Topic author

Postby VincentLupo » Jun Sun 10, 2018 2:44 am

Glad to see Last Man Standing coming back.  I really liked that one.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)Pandapedia Official Founder (1)Official Panda Moderator (1)

Postby topmeasure » Jun Sun 10, 2018 4:04 am

Too bad Designated Survivor got axed.
topmeasure
Forum Director
I Give You One Like!
Topics: 833
CoverArt: 675
Resources: 12
Medals: 6
EFX Forum Champ 2022 (1)EFX Forum Champ 2021 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2020 (1)EFX 5K Post Club (1)
EFX Froum Champ 2019 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2018 (1)

Postby chouette » Jun Sun 10, 2018 9:49 pm

The only one that I’m truly happy being renewed is “The Handmaid's Tale”. On the other hand, I’m sad to see “Lucifer” end.
chouette
Site Moderator
Topic author

Postby Sarge » Jun Mon 11, 2018 8:09 pm

"The Expanse" there's good possibility it will be picked-up by Amazon for the Fourth Season   :-$  :-$  :-$  :-$
Sarge
Artisan
Topics: 12
CoverArt: 796
Resources: 11

Postby chouette » Jun Tue 12, 2018 1:02 am

That's good news Sarge!
chouette
Site Moderator
Topic author

Postby stampe » Jun Sun 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Lucifer has been picked up by Netflix :D
stampe
Artisan
dyslexic one
Topics: 62
CoverArt: 332
Resources: 5
Medals: 5
COTM May 2023 (1)COTM February 2023 (1)COTM February 2021 (1)2017 September Cover Contest (1)
Showdown Stampe def Jamshedt (1)

Postby chouette » Jun Sun 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Say what????? Well that is some great news there Stampe! Woot, woot! :D
chouette
Site Moderator
Topic author

PreviousNext