Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Transformers / Netflix

Postby bankska22 » Feb Mon 24, 2020 7:24 pm

There’s a new Transformers animated series coming to Netflix titled Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy and the first teaser trailer has been unleashed! It offers us our first look at the series and I think a lot of Transformers fans are going to like what this show has to offer!

Hasbro, Inc. produced the series alongside Rooster Teeth (RWBY, gen:LOCK) and the show “raises the stakes of the Autobot and Decepticon war with Chapter One having six, twenty-two minute episodes, complete with a new animation look and style that presents the Transformers bots like you’ve never seen them before.”

It’s explained that the story for the show “plunges us deep into events that live at the heart of this legendary franchise, with SIEGE shining a spotlight on a critical timeframe in Transformers history on Cybertron.” Here’s the synopsis that was shared:

Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Seige begins in the final hours of the devastating civil war between the Autobots and Decepticons. The war that has torn apart their home planet of Cybertron is at a tipping point. Two leaders, Optimus Prime and Megatron, both want to save their world and unify their people, but only on their own terms. In an attempt to end the conflict, Megatron is forced to consider using the Allspark, the source of all life and power on Cybertron, to “reformat” the Autobots, thus “unifying” Cybertron. Outnumbered, outgunned, and under SIEGE, the battle-weary Autobots orchestrate a desperate series of counterstrikes on a mission that, if everything somehow goes right, will end with an unthinkable choice: kill their planet in order to save it.

I’ll definitely be giving this show a shot! So far I like what I’m seeing in the trailer and it’s a different story than anything we’ve seen before. Transformers veteran F.J. DeSanto (Transformers: Titans Return, Transformers: Power of the Primes) is serving as showrunner on the series with several contributing writers, including George Krstic (Megas XLR), Gavin Hignight (Transformers: Cyberverse), and Brandon Easton (Agent Carter, Transformers: Rescue Bots).

Shuzo John Shiota, Polygon Pictures Inc. (PPI) President and CEO said in a statement:

“We’re thrilled to be working with Rooster Teeth, Netflix and Hasbro to bring this fan-oriented MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE story to life. The TRANSFORMERS universe has so many rich characters and engaging stories. Getting the opportunity to be part of the team bringing the robots in disguise to life in this new trilogy is unbelievable.”

Tom Warner, Senior Vice President for the TRANSFORMERS franchise for Hasbro added:

“The TRANSFORMERS brand is a global phenomenon with toys, consumer products, films, television shows, and literature, resonating with millions of passionate fans around the world," said Tom Warner, Senior Vice President for the TRANSFORMERS franchise for Hasbro. “This brand new Netflix series will add to the incredible slate of TRANSFORMERS offerings with a truly unique story that will delight both existing fans and those being introduced to the wonder of robots in disguise.”

Matt Hullum, Rooster Teeth co-founder and Chief Content Officer went on to say:

"TRANSFORMERS: WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY marks the inaugural production for our Rooster Teeth Studios division and we’re proud to be partnering with and entrusted by Hasbro and Netflix. As fans of these characters, it's been a joy bringing our storytelling and animation expertise to this project. This teaser trailer is just a taste of what’s to come in this series, and we can’t wait to see what the fans think, especially our Rooster Teeth community!"

The voice cast for the series includes Jake Foushee (Optimus Prime), Jason Marnocha (Megatron), Linsay Rousseau (Elita-1), Joe Zieja (Bumblebee), Frank Todaro (Starscream), Rafael Goldstein (Ratchet), Keith Silverstein (Jetfire), Todd Haberkorn (Shockwave, Red Alert), Edward Bosco (Ultra Magnus, Soundwave), Bill Rogers (Wheeljack), Sophia Isabella (Arcee), Brook Chalmers (Impactor), Shawn Hawkins (Mirage), Kaiser Johnson (Ironhide), Miles Luna (Teletraan I, Cliffjumper) and Mark Whitten (Sideswipe, Skywarp).

There are more details regarding Chapter Two, Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Earthrise and Chapter Three coming soon.

bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 974
CoverArt: 1914
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Re: Transformers / Netflix

Postby chouette » Feb Mon 24, 2020 8:08 pm

I like the Transformers franchise, but not enough for animation. Trailer looks good though. :D
chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6487
Resources: 281
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Postby bankska22 » Feb Mon 24, 2020 8:59 pm

Looking forward to this!
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Feb Mon 24, 2020 9:35 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Gallery  •  Please leave a vote and short comment if you download my work, thanks.  •  My Criterion Collection
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1091
CoverArt: 3412
Resources: 4628
Medals: 56
2021 Cover of The Year (1)COTM March 2021 (1)COTM January 2021 (1)COTM November 2020 (1)
COTM July 2020 (1)COTM February 2020 (1)COTM January 2020 (1)COTM December 2019 (1)

Postby bankska22 » Feb Mon 24, 2020 10:15 pm

lol
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author

Postby Jazzy » Feb Mon 24, 2020 11:11 pm

:agree: with that BOO!
Jazzy
Administrator
It must be 5 O'clock somewhere on this planet....Beer Time!
Topics: 526
CoverArt: 885
Resources: 75
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2016 Design Merit Contest (1)

Postby chouette » Feb Tue 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Jazzy wrote::agree: with that BOO!

Same, lol
chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6487
Resources: 281
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Postby VincentLupo » Feb Tue 25, 2020 10:38 pm

Going to pass on this.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)Pandapedia Official Founder (1)Official Panda Moderator (1)

Return to News Bits & Rumors