Current Contest Banner

Showdown Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Wheel of Time

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Wheel of Time

Postby bankska22 » Apr Fri 21, 2017 2:00 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (72.27 KiB) Viewed 59 times

An adaptation of the Robert Jordan fantasy novel series Wheel of Time is finally moving forward with Sony Pictures Television. This project has been in and out of development since the year 2000, but now it's going to happen as a TV series.

There's an abundance of content to adapt as there are 14 novels in the series that began in 1990 with "The Eye of the World" and ended in 2007 with "A Memory of Light". The story follows the quest to find the Dragon Reborn, who it is said will help unite forces to combat The Dark One. Here's a brief description:

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time is a story that takes place both in our past and our future. In his fantasy world, the Dark One, the embodiment of pure evil, is breaking free from his prison. The overall plot is about a man who learns that he is the reincarnation of the world's messiah and is once again destined to save the world from the Dark One -- but possibly destroy it in the process. This saga is not only his story, but the story of an entire world's struggle to deal with war and change, destruction and hope.

I haven't read all the books yet, but there's no doubt that this could be an incredible and epic series if it's done right with the right talent. According to Variety, Rafe Judkins is set to write and executive produce the series. If you're not familiar with his work, he's worked on shows such as Agents of SHIELD, the Netflix series Hemlock Grove, and the NBC series Chuck. That's not a bad resume.

The series has previously been described as being a "cutting edge" TV series by consulting producer Harriet McDougal, who is the widow of author Robert Jordan. There aren't really any other details on the series, but if you're a fan of the book series it's definitely time to get excited! I'm looking forward to seeing how this series comes together.
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 877
CoverArt: 1051
Resources: 340
Medals: 3
2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)2014 Design Merit Contest (1)2012 Summer Blockbuster Cover (1)

Re: Wheel of Time

Postby Fogdude » Apr Fri 21, 2017 7:30 am

I've never heard of the novels or the rumors of this series. I've also become a bit jaded with the 'swords & sorcery' type films I've seen, the Mythica franchise being one of them. I'll have to see some rave reviews before I'll give such a series a try.
Fogdude
Super Moderator
If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Topics: 70
Resources: 1
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the one looking up from beneath your desk...
Medals: 1
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby bankska22 » Apr Fri 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Never heard of this either Fog. I'll give it a look.
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 877
CoverArt: 1051
Resources: 340
Medals: 3
2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)2014 Design Merit Contest (1)2012 Summer Blockbuster Cover (1)

Postby VincentLupo » Apr Fri 21, 2017 7:46 pm

I'll have a look if it ever makes it to a screen.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
Topics: 6
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 1
Official Panda Moderator (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Apr Tue 25, 2017 11:55 am

Looks like one for :chouette
You can find all my covers by clicking the spine image, if you download any please leave a comment or smiley, thanks
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1246
CoverArt: 1733
Resources: 14766
Medals: 29
2017 May Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2017 (1)COTM February 2017 (1)2017 February Cover Contest (1)
COTM December 2016 (1)COTM November 2016 (1)2016 June Cover Contest (1)COTM June 2016 (1)

Postby chouette » Apr Tue 25, 2017 3:38 pm

ctaulbee wrote:Looks like one for :chouette

Ah maybe, but it's too long to read, lol - If more than 10 lines, I normally skip.

:D
chouette
Owl Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 47
CoverArt: 246
Resources: 26
Medals: 2
Showdown Chouette def Wrench (1)Royal Canadian Flying Mod (1)