Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Marvel's BLACK PANTHER Movie Is Compared to GAME OF THRONES

Postby bankska22 » Mar Tue 21, 2017 1:47 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (42.03 KiB) Viewed 263 times

There's a lot of excitement building for Marvel's Black Panther, and Get Out actor Daniel Kaluuya, who is part of the impressive cast, is here to pump up the hype even more! While talking about the film in an interview with GQ, the actor excitedly compared the movie to HBO's Game of Thrones. He said:

“This is an African blockbuster, bruv. This is like Game of Thrones. This is crazy. And Ryan Coogler is just, man dem. He’s like us! He’s a normal dude, in a Golden State hat and a Tupac T-shirt directing the whole set. It’s the most beautiful thing to see.”

He doesn't go into any details about how Black Panther is like Game of Thrones, but I imagine it's in terms of tone, epic feel, plot elements, and maybe even some of the fantasy elements. It's safe to say that Black Panther isn't going to include insanely bloody violence and lots of nudity.

We've already seen some beautiful concept art from the film showing off its impressive and lush setting. I can't wait to see that art brought to life in the film.

Black Panther director Ryan Coogler is the guy who previously brought us Creed and Fruitvale Station, both of which were great and powerful movies. I imagine he'll bring that same power to the Black Panther story he set out to tell, only this time it will be in much more epic scale than anything he's made before.

Black Panther follows T’Challa who, after the events of “Captain America: Civil War,” returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to take his place as King. However, when an old enemy reappears on the radar, T’Challa’s mettle as King and Black Panther is tested when he is drawn into a conflict that puts the entire fate of Wakanda and the world at risk.

The movie stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, and Andy Serkis. Black Panther comes out on February 16th, 2018.
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 977
CoverArt: 1917
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Re: Marvel's BLACK PANTHER Movie Is Compared to GAME OF THRONES

Postby chouette » Mar Tue 21, 2017 3:43 am

Ah come on, how can Black Panther be like Game of Thrones. No, no, no, lol

And quite frankly, if that's what the panther will look like, I'm not that excited.

:D
chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6499
Resources: 284
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Postby 2getted » Mar Tue 21, 2017 9:09 am

Now, now, it's hard to sew together a vibranium suit that way.  ;)
2getted
VIP Subscriber
Topics: 16
CoverArt: 17

Postby Fogdude » Mar Tue 21, 2017 11:06 am

Really not interested in any more super hero crap (to use Chewy's word.) :D
Fogdude
VIP Subscriber
If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Topics: 153
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the one looking up from beneath your desk...
Medals: 1
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby VincentLupo » Mar Tue 21, 2017 7:59 pm

I'm really looking forward to this.  I've always like the Black Panther.  Just hope they don't screw the pooch.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)Pandapedia Official Founder (1)Official Panda Moderator (1)