Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Peter Serafinowicz Set to Play THE TICK in New Amazon Pilot

Postby bankska22 » Feb Fri 24, 2017 3:23 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (130.97 KiB) Viewed 233 times

Last week we learned that Amazon had ordered a pilot episode for a new live-action series for The Tick. Deadline reports that the big blue superhero will be played by British actor-comedian Peter Serafinowicz. This is a completely unexpected choice, but I’m looking forward to see how he handles this insane character.

The series is a new take on Ben Edlund‘s hilarious classic comic book character and Serafinowicz will be joined by the previously announced cast of Griffin Newman (Vinyl) who will play Arthur Everest and Valorie Curry (House of Lies, The Following) who has been cast as his sister Dot Everest.

Edlund is writing the new series as well as executive producing it. He also worked on developing the 1994 animated series as well as the 2001 live-action series. According to the report:

The reboot is bringing back the eponymous muscle-bound, antennae-sporting superhero (Serafinowicz). In the new incarnation, the blue-suited Tick is recovering from a memory loss and ends up reteaming with his sidekick Arthur (Newman) to fight evil. The two are surrounded by a new host of characters that include Arthur’s sister Dot (Curry).

In original live-action Fox series, The Tick was played by Patrick Warburton, who obviously isn’t reprising his role, but he is an executive producer on the new series. So that's kinda cool. Transcendence director Wally Pfister is set to helm pilot.
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 977
CoverArt: 1917
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Re: Peter Serafinowicz Set to Play THE TICK in New Amazon Pilot

Postby chouette » Feb Fri 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Since this will be more of a comedy (and quite frankly, a little bit ridiculous lol), I doubt I will ever give it a shot.

chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6499
Resources: 284
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Postby VincentLupo » Feb Fri 24, 2017 9:12 pm

I liked the comic and thought Patrick Warburton did a great job in the Fox version.  I was bummed when it got canned.  This one I'm not so hot on.  Not really digging the cast.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)Pandapedia Official Founder (1)Official Panda Moderator (1)

Postby Fogdude » Feb Fri 24, 2017 9:16 pm

VincentLupo wrote:I liked the comic and thought Patrick Warburton did a great job in the Fox version.  I was bummed when it got canned.  This one I'm not so hot on.  Not really digging the cast.

:whathesaid:
Fogdude
VIP Subscriber
If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Topics: 153
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the one looking up from beneath your desk...
Medals: 1
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Return to News Bits & Rumors