Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Let The Right One In (TV Series)

Postby bankska22 » Jan Sat 07, 2017 1:59 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (42.45 KiB) Viewed 201 times

Let the Right One In started out as a vampire novel written by John Ajvide Lindqvist. This was a very different, unique, brilliant take on vampire lore, and the story has already been adapted twice as films. The first one was a wonderful Swedish film that came out in 2008, and the other was an Americanized take on the story called Let Me In, which was released in 2010.

About a year ago it was reported that A&E was developing the story into a TV series, but there hasn't been much news on the project since it was announced. Today we learned that TNT is in the process of developing a pilot for a potential series.

The original story is set in Sweden, and the U.S. film was set in New Mexico. This latest version will take place in Vermont, and this is the synopsis from the press release:

Let the Right One In is an eerie drama about a young boy, long tormented by his classmates, who finds solace in a friendship with a charismatic female vampire who appears to be near his age. The vampire settles into the boy’s small Vermont town with her mysterious caretaker, just as a series of bizarre murders begins attracting the attention of law enforcement.

The series is being developed by Criminal Minds and Teen Wolf creator Jeff Davis, who also wrote the script and serves as executive producer. Joining him as producers are Marty Adelstein (Aquarius, Teen Wolf) and Becky Clements (Aquarius), Simon Oakes (Let Me In) of Hammer Films as well as Carl Molinder, who wrote the screenplay for the original movie, and Alex Brunner (Dark Places). When talking about the series, EVP of original programming for TNT Sarah Aubrey had this to say:

“Let the Right One In combines elements of horror, revenge thriller and adolescent romance into an unforgettable and truly unsettling tale. This novel is a watershed of rich storytelling, making it an abundant source from which Jeff, Marty, Becky and Simon will bring to life in this all-new adaptation.”

I love this vampire story, and I hope it actually turns out to be a solid series.
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 977
CoverArt: 1917
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Re: LET THE RIGHT ONE IN: TV Series

Postby Fogdude » Jan Sat 07, 2017 12:17 pm

I've gotten a bit jaded with Vampire & Zombie fodder & the 'teen romance' angle doesn't entice me, at all, but I think I may give this a try, for a few episodes, anyway.
Fogdude
VIP Subscriber
If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Topics: 153
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the one looking up from beneath your desk...
Medals: 1
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby bankska22 » Jan Sat 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Me 2 Fog. Could be good. I do like the originals. Reminds me of True Blood. Loved that show.
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 977
CoverArt: 1917
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Postby 2getted » Jan Sat 07, 2017 7:11 pm

bankska22 wrote:... I do like the originals. Reminds me of True Blood. Loved that show.

I agree especially the Swedish version of the film. Unusually the American version was almost as good as it didn't try to reinvent itself. I will be interested to see this when it develops.

Now True Blood, ... well I agree it was clever and intriguing for the first 2 seasons. Then they brought in the werewolves and Ok I could live with that considering it's a standard for vampire lore. But I was disappointed by the introduction of the third supernatural creature, the fairies, and for me I lost interest. Although it did allow for a weird plot from then on.
2getted
VIP Subscriber
Topics: 16
CoverArt: 17