Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

Misty Knight Spin-Off

Postby bankska22 » Dec Sat 10, 2016 5:56 pm

1.jpg
1.jpg (219.03 KiB) Viewed 83 times

With the success Marvel TV has had in their partnership with Netflix, people are already wanting more! This includes fans curious as to whether or not we will see Misty Knight (who will make her debut in Luke Cage at the end of September) in her own series down the line. THR reports Marvel's Jeph Loeb says he "wouldn't be upset" if it happened, but also says Netflix may not be on board:

"I think Netflix is being very selective in terms of where we're going. That being said, Simone just knocked it so far out of the park that we're still trying to find the baseball. It's somewhere out there traversing the globe. So it's really great. And I can tell you that what she's doing on Luke Cage, it's just incredible. The fans are really going to love it. And wait until you see Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing. She's amazing."

I'm not against any more Marvel, but at the rate they and Netflix are scheduling releases, I think it's too soon to continue to add more series. For example, because we are getting Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Defenders all before the end of next year, we aren't going to see Season 3 of Daredevil or Season 2 of Jessica Jones until after that. And that's not even mentioning the fact that we were promised a Punisher series which now would already be backlogged to 2018!

Did I mention there have already been people clamoring for Moon Knight and other heroes to get a show as well?

I'm all for seeing more characters, but I'm not trying to wait a couple years between seasons! Either Netflix needs to loosen the reigns or Marvel needs to slow their roll...what do you think is the right answer?
bankska22
#1 Dallas Cowboy's Fan!
Topic author
Topics: 977
CoverArt: 1917
Resources: 24
Medals: 10
COTM January 2023 (1)2021 April Cover Contest (1)2020 August Cover Contest (1)2020 May Cover Contest (1)
EFX 5K Post Club (1)2019 June Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2019 (1)2014 Action Label Design Comp (1)

Return to News Bits & Rumors