Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

News Bits & Rumors

Movie and TV Related News Items and Rumors.

"Thrones" Will Be Shortened

Postby Pico » Jun Thu 02, 2016 1:12 pm

We heard the reports a few months back that HBO's big-budget fantasy drama "Game of Thrones" would be coming to an inevitable end soon.

Those reports suggested that after the currently airing sixth season, the show would be wrapped up and finished off with around thirteen further episodes. They also suggested that the season would be split in two - seven episodes to air as the seventh season next year and six episodes as the eight and final season in 2018.

This week, Vanity Fair conducted an extensive interview with director Jack Bender who helmed this season's most talked about episode "The Door". Bender seemingly confirmed the speculation about the lower episode count when asked if he'll return to the show in the future:

"I don't know the answer to that. They're only doing seven [episodes], and they've got their regulars who have done it forever. I know that I had a wonderful experience doing the show and I know that Dan and David are thrilled with the shows, but I've got this series I'm mounting for the beginning of 2017 based on Stephen King's trilogy of books, starting with Mr. Mercedes."

If it follows suit then "Game of Thrones" is currently looking to finish up in the second quarter of 2018.
Pico
Elite Member
Live The Life You've Imagined.
Topic author
Topics: 378
CoverArt: 66
Resources: 3
Medals: 2
2014 Sci-Fi Cover Comp (1)2013 Christmas Cover Comp (1)

Re: "Thrones" Will Be Shortened

Postby ctaulbee » Jun Thu 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Probably for the best, it's lost it's glam for the most part, they have gotten dragged down into maintaining story lines more than expanding into any new and interesting directions.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Gallery  •  Please leave a vote and short comment if you download my work, thanks.  •  My Criterion Collection
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1091
CoverArt: 3412
Resources: 4628
Medals: 56
2021 Cover of The Year (1)COTM March 2021 (1)COTM January 2021 (1)COTM November 2020 (1)
COTM July 2020 (1)COTM February 2020 (1)COTM January 2020 (1)COTM December 2019 (1)

Return to News Bits & Rumors