Current Contest Banner

Showdown Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

Discussion

Cover Showdown - Alienmem vs Jamshedt Updated

Have an idea for a contest or a question/comment about competitions, make it here.

Cover Showdown - Alienmem vs Jamshedt Updated

Postby alienmem » Apr Fri 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Just for the tease. I'll be challenging someone(ohhhh i hear you all afraid, :-S ) for a cover showdown.

I see this hasn't been done in a while. I still haven't decided whom or what, but I will.

Of course I'm gonna challenge someone who I think I can beat so no CT, no Kylumis, etc...

But I'll think about who and what so keep your pants soiled... :D

BTW I encourage other people(even the so called big shots) to do some friendly(yeah right) competish...like kylumi, Ct, xshoty, wysmommy, all the design pros,mega design pros. Come on!!! Battle each other!!!

or are you affraid?(this lingo is just to spice things up)

Post updated below by mywrench

Cover choices are:
Kill Bill Japanese cut DVD(this cut is only on DVD)
Witching and Bitching
La La Land

Deadline for the showdown is May 21, 2017 unless both entries are received before that.
Voting will run for 5 days.

You may fire up Photoshop and begin working.
Let the trash talk begin. (Keep it friendly)
alienmem
Designer
I'm in a transitional period
Topic author
Topics: 39
CoverArt: 82
Medals: 2
Wile E. Coyote Genius 2017 (1)Showdown Alienmem def Jamshedt (1)

Re: Cover Showdown- Let's get this rolling again

Postby Wrench » Apr Fri 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Sounds good hope you get a taker.
If you need help setting it up you can PM me.
Good luck.
Click on Image Below To View My Covers Image

Wrench
EFX Comp Organizer
If It's Not Broke I'll Break It
Topics: 651
CoverArt: 1171
Resources: 1846
Medals: 9
Wrench 1500 (1)2017 March Label Contest (1)Wrench 1000 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2016 (1)
Wrench 500 (1)2016 September Label Contest (1)2016 January Cover Contest (1)Showdown Wrench def IbEM (1)

Postby jamshedt » May Sun 07, 2017 12:36 pm

hehehe !! I accept..
You can find all my covers by clicking the spine image,thanks.
jamshedt
Exclusive Designer
Your Desthpicable
Topics: 68
CoverArt: 105
Occupation: Just a regular guy trying to break the fourth wall !!
Medals: 4
2015 August Cover Contest (1)Showdown Jamshedt def Nichart (1)Showdown Jamshedt def Salsa (1)Showdown Jamshedt def RRJR84 (1)

Postby ctaulbee » May Sun 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Cool we have a Showdown then, good luck fellas.

I'm sure Wrench will be along before long to help sort the details out.
You can find all my covers by clicking the spine image, if you download any please leave a comment or smiley, thanks
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1246
CoverArt: 1733
Resources: 14766
Medals: 29
2017 May Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2017 (1)COTM February 2017 (1)2017 February Cover Contest (1)
COTM December 2016 (1)COTM November 2016 (1)2016 June Cover Contest (1)COTM June 2016 (1)

Postby alienmem » May Sun 07, 2017 3:11 pm

ctaulbee wrote:Cool we have a Showdown then, good luck fellas.

I'm sure Wrench will be along before long to help sort the details out.

We've kind of aligned the details ourselves via personal messages but I'm sure mywrench will set it up properly.

Good luck Jam. I hope we both make terrific covers.
alienmem
Designer
Topic author

Re: Cover Showdown - Alienmem vs Jamshedt

Postby Wrench » May Sun 07, 2017 7:13 pm

Let the TRASH TALKING BEGIN.

Wrench
EFX Comp Organizer
Wrench 1500 (1)2017 March Label Contest (1)Wrench 1000 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2016 (1)
Wrench 500 (1)2016 September Label Contest (1)2016 January Cover Contest (1)Showdown Wrench def IbEM (1)

Postby chouette » May Sun 07, 2017 7:18 pm

mywrench wrote:Let the TRASH TALKING BEGIN.

LOL, good luck fellas! :D
chouette
Owl Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 47
CoverArt: 246
Resources: 26
Showdown Chouette def Wrench (1)Royal Canadian Flying Mod (1)

Postby alienmem » May Mon 08, 2017 11:32 am

chouette wrote:

LOL, good luck fellas! :D

Thanks. It's an official showdown between me and jam but anyone can enter. the more the merrier. What about it chouette?  ;)
alienmem
Designer
Topic author

Postby Fogdude » May Mon 08, 2017 11:51 am

I was under the impression that a challenge showdown was only between two people a challenger & a challengee. I guess I could be wrong...
Fogdude
Super Moderator
If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Topics: 70
Resources: 1
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the one looking up from beneath your desk...
Medals: 1
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby ctaulbee » May Mon 08, 2017 1:32 pm

alienmem wrote:It's an official showdown between me and jam but anyone can enter. the more the merrier. What about it chouette?  ;)

There is no multi-entry showdown, it is one on one only.
You can find all my covers by clicking the spine image, if you download any please leave a comment or smiley, thanks
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
2017 May Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2017 (1)COTM February 2017 (1)2017 February Cover Contest (1)
COTM December 2016 (1)COTM November 2016 (1)2016 June Cover Contest (1)COTM June 2016 (1)

Postby jamshedt » May Mon 08, 2017 1:44 pm

:D this shall be a bloody affair..... 8)
All the best Alienmem
jamshedt
Exclusive Designer
Your Desthpicable
2015 August Cover Contest (1)Showdown Jamshedt def Nichart (1)Showdown Jamshedt def Salsa (1)Showdown Jamshedt def RRJR84 (1)

Postby alienmem » May Mon 08, 2017 6:34 pm

You too bruh. I wish you well. It will be undoubtedly hard for me to beat you. that is very clear.
alienmem
Designer
Topic author

Postby Wrench » May Mon 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Don't cut yourself down alien, build yourself up.

Like going to make you cry uncle as the votes for me come in and not you. :-l  :-l  :-l

Wrench
EFX Comp Organizer

Postby jamshedt » May Mon 08, 2017 9:24 pm

alienmem wrote:You too bruh. I wish you well. It will be undoubtedly hard for me to beat you. that is very clear.

anyone can beat anyone..... believe in yourself !!
jamshedt
Exclusive Designer
Your Desthpicable

Re: Cover Showdown - Alienmem vs Jamshedt Updated

Postby Wrench » May Mon 08, 2017 10:24 pm

It's all about which cover the members like best

Wrench
EFX Comp Organizer

Postby alienmem » May Tue 09, 2017 5:44 am

Yeah I'll be perfectly happy If I make a cover I really like. I'm not putting myself down. Jam is a good designer. I've browsed his stuff and he clrearly has an output much better than mine. Miles better.

But I'll give it my best though. i don't mind losing if he deserves it. A guy has to know how to win and how to lose. But all that being said I think with all his great skills Jam is goind down this time!!!!! you're going down bro!!! lol
alienmem
Designer
Topic author

Postby alienmem » May Tue 09, 2017 5:46 am

Oh by the way if anyone is interested why is this guy calling it the japanese cut. Does cuh a thing exist?

Yes, it does and if you're a Kill Bill fan you owe it to yourself to watch it. here is a page that shows the differences between the two cuts on volume 1:

edit: sorry , I can't link to websites. Here is a copy paste:
Note regarding the Japanese cut: As almost everyone must know by now, the version of Kill Bill Vol. 1 released in Japan is slightly different from the one released in the West. Most famously, part of the fight in the House of Blue Leaves goes into black and white in Western prints (in order to circumvent the MPAA’s phobia of excessive amounts of red blood). While Tarantino has, on several occasions, claimed that the Japanese version, which features the House of Blue Leaves sequence in full colour as well as various other shots that were deleted or altered to avoid an NC-17 rating in the Western prints, is not a “director’s cut” but simply an alternative version, this would seem to contradict his repeated marketing of the film in Japan as “full-strength Kill Bill”. Here is a complete list of the differences between the Western and Japanese versions (stolen shamelessly from IMDB):
- The opening scene between The Bride and Vernita Green has two alternate angles shown when The Bride asks for a towel instead of keeping the overhead shot.
- In the anime sequence, one of Boss Matsumoto's men has his face smashed into a wall twice, rather then just once.
- In the anime sequence, when O-Ren Ishii kills Matsumoto and tells him to look at her face, she asks him to look at more facial features (nose, chin. etc.) to be recognized, and then before pulling the knife out, there is a close up shot of her moving the knife up his stomach and then finally pulling it out. There are a couple of close up shots of Matsumoto's face as he's dying as well that were eliminated from the US print and then a pan up shot of Matsumoto's blood covered and disemboweled body.
- The "House of Blue Leaves" fight is not only in full color, but features about 9 new shots missing from the US print which include:
- A close up of the first female Crazy 88 (Julie Manase) gargling blood after being pinned to a wodden pillar by a sword. This shot, while cut from the US version of Vol 1, showed up in the end credits of the US cut of Vol 2.
- A shot of The Bride stabbing two Crazy 88s at once using her own sword as well as another Crazy 88's sword.
- A ten foot high super backflip that The Bride executes before landing back down to pop out one of the Crazy 88's eyes. This shot appeared in the TV spot teaser, but disappeared soon after.
- The Bride jabbing a Crazy 88 in the throat with her "snake fist", and the partially armless Sofie Fatale giving a disgusted reaction.
- A shot of another female Crazy 88 attacking only to get slashed in the throat and spraying blood everywhere.
- The first appearance of the "Kid Crazy 88" (the one who gets spanked with the sword). In this shot, we now find out why he's missing a mask later on. As he's about to attack The Bride, she swipes his mask off. We see he's just a kid, and he gives the universal "don't hurt me" sign. The Bride has a look of shock on her face in realizing he's just a kid, so she grabs him, throws him across, knocking 3-4 Crazy 88 into a blood filled mini pool. This shot of the 3-4 falling, while cut from the US version of Vol 1, also showed up in the end credits of the US cut of Vol 2. Overall, this "mini scene" helps establish The Bride's look of surprise even more when she sees the young Crazy 88 the last time... and his follow up "don't hurt me" look even funnier.
- A shot of a Crazy 88 getting slashed across the chest and spraying blood all over a wall.
- When The Bride jumps onto the shoulders of one of the Crazy 88, after she slashes another one across the face, the Crazy 88 she's standing on tries to attack her from below. She parries the attack and cuts his hands off. The shot then cuts to the forward sommersault.
- Since the fight is already in color, the close up "eye shot" of The Bride blinking is cut. Instead, the first part of the close up before she blinks is shown, however, at the point when she normally blinks, there is a replacement medium shot of her standing slightly fatigued and holding her sword out.
- Finally, after the "House of Blue Leaves" fight, is the most infamous of the missing scenes and that is Sofie Fatale's extended "trunk interrogation" scene. After The Bride warns Sofie about cutting off something, instead of cutting back to Sofie in the hospital, The Bride is shown grabbing Sofie's arm and screams "GIVE ME YOUR OTHER ARM!". Sofie starts to panic, but then The Bride chops off her other arm, causing blood to splash onto the screen and Sofie begins screaming again.
Also, the Japanese cut replaces the “Old Klingon Proverb” at the beginning of the film with a dedication to filmmaker Kinji Fukasaku.

A thorough analysis of the differences, with screenshots, is provided at Schnittberichte (in German).
alienmem
Designer
Topic author

Postby Fogdude » May Tue 09, 2017 5:56 am

I fully expected an "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!" from you by now, Alien! :D
Fogdude
Super Moderator
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby alienmem » May Tue 09, 2017 8:54 am

Fogdude wrote:I fully expected an "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!" from you by now, Alien! :D

WTH(what the hell abbreviated) is that? Is that proper english? What does that mean? I'm gonna own you a$$? If it's that you bet I'm gonna own Jam's a$$....hahahhahaha :-%
alienmem
Designer
Topic author

Postby Fogdude » May Tue 09, 2017 9:52 am

alienmem wrote:
Fogdude wrote:I fully expected an "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!" from you by now, Alien! :D

WTH(what the hell abbreviated) is that? Is that proper english? What does that mean? I'm gonna own you a$$? If it's that you bet I'm gonna own Jam's a$$....hahahhahaha :-%

:omg: Seriously?! You've never heard or seen that line?! I don't even follow that stuff & I see it all the time! Google it, dude!
:rolling:

allyourbase2.jpg
allyourbase2.jpg (62.96 KiB) Viewed 158 times
Fogdude
Super Moderator
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby alienmem » May Tue 09, 2017 10:12 am

I googled it. Yeah, never heard of it but the fact is it comes from that video game you posted just above this sentence(one of those old mega drive video games) and it had bad englsih. Like abbreviated bad englsih and that linebecame so famous it created a whole thing of it's own and is commonly used.

This is what I learned from wikipedia. Every day is a time for learning new tricks.

Thnaks you and yes: All your base are belong to us!!!!
alienmem
Designer
Topic author

Postby ctaulbee » May Tue 09, 2017 10:24 am

You know they used almost 450 Gallons of fake blood making the two Kill Bill movies, a lot of it was in the House of Blue Leaves fight verses the Crazy 88's.

ctaulbee
Super Administrator

Postby alienmem » May Tue 09, 2017 11:00 am

Ctaulbee, I have 10 Tarantino books and some others on digital format. Yeah, I don't remember exactly the galons of blood but if you just look at that scene(in color or b&w), the number of takes there had to be to get the whole choregraphy think perfect...it had to be a lot of fake blood.

Juts a question. have you guys ever seen the Japanese cuts? I have. I like both. I have no prefered version.
alienmem
Designer
Topic author

Postby ctaulbee » May Tue 09, 2017 11:01 am

alienmem wrote:Juts a question. have you guys ever seen the Japanese cuts?

Of course, it's the only cut I currently have.
ctaulbee
Super Administrator

Postby jamshedt » May Tue 09, 2017 3:06 pm

alienmem wrote: I'm gonna own you a$$? If it's that you bet I'm gonna own Jam's a$$....hahahhahaha :-%

Why would you want to own my ass? :-W Someone's dark side is starting to show  8)
Well everyone's streak has to come to an end at some time. But something tells me "not just yet" !!

"Just finished reading some old posts... laughing so hard at the time I decided to challenge CT. Oooh the hammering plus the precision cuts to bleed me dry.
jamshedt
Exclusive Designer
Your Desthpicable

Next