Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

Reviews

The Last Movie Or TV Show You Watched Rating & Review

In depth reviews, ratings and recommendations for films from both modern and classic cinema.

Re: The Last Movie Or TV Show You Watched Rating & Review

Postby Fogdude » Apr Tue 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Well, after awhile, these things all look the same & repetition just puts me out. I must have been more tired than I realized because I barely made it 5 minutes into it.
Fogdude
Super Moderator
If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Topics: 65
Resources: 1
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the one looking up from beneath your desk...

Postby alienmem » Apr Wed 19, 2017 9:14 am

Saw "Love Hotel" yesterday. Good movie. Also saw "Fareweel to the Land". Now this last one is d'awesome! It's a masterpiece. I give it four stars, outta five
alienmem
Designer
Topics: 19
CoverArt: 73

Sleepless (2017)

Postby ctaulbee » Apr Wed 19, 2017 9:23 am

Sleepless (2017) is one of those movies that needed to be a lot better to make much of an impression. This story of a Las Vegas police officer trying to recover his kidnapped son from bad guys is frustrating because it is not-terrible. It has great action sequences, the performances are all decent, but it just did not come together in the story-line which is the weak point of the whole thing. Still it was not the worst film I have seen by a long shot lol.

EFX Rating20 stars
You can find all my covers by clicking the spine image, if you download any please leave a comment or smiley, thanks
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1234
CoverArt: 1691
Resources: 14048
Medals: 28
COTM March 2017 (1)COTM February 2017 (1)2017 February Cover Contest (1)COTM December 2016 (1)
COTM November 2016 (1)2016 June Cover Contest (1)COTM June 2016 (1)2016 March Cover Contest (1)

Postby alienmem » Apr Thu 20, 2017 9:54 am

Finished watching the last(really last, it's over) of "Girls" and I really liked the ending. A good series, not amazing but not vulgar.
I rate the whole series 3,5 stars outta 5

Now onto the tv shoe "Serial Experiments Lain" and the new season of "Humans"
alienmem
Designer
Topics: 19
CoverArt: 73

Postby RRJR84 » Apr Fri 21, 2017 7:43 am

Fogdude wrote:Watched The Great Wall (2016) with Matt Damon. I usually like Matt Damon films but I was disappointed with this one. Damon was fine, but the story was thin & way too much CGI.

EFX Rating30 stars

I'm actually quite surprised cause i really enjoyed the wall way more than i anticipated

Fate of the Furious 8/10 you would think after 7 movies and loosing one of the franchises main stars it would loose its steam but this one was fantastic imo. great action, great humor, great cast

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot 1/10  just boring and horrible from the start, i couldn't get into this at all and i tried really hard, i may try again but has it stands this one i didn't like at all.
RRJR84
Preferred Designer
Making a comeback slowly
Topic author
Topics: 113
CoverArt: 598
Resources: 10
Medals: 1
Showdown RRJR84 def TheDude (1)

Postby Fogdude » Apr Fri 21, 2017 7:52 am

RRJR84 wrote:I'm actually quite surprised cause i really enjoyed the wall way more than i anticipated

Fate of the Furious 8/10 you would think after 7 movies and loosing one of the franchises main stars it would loose its steam but this one was fantastic imo. great action, great humor, great cast

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot 1/10  just boring and horrible from the start, i couldn't get into this at all and i tried really hard, i may try again but has it stands this one i didn't like at all.

I didn't mean to say it was bad. It was just less than I had hoped for.

Haven't seen The Fate of the Furious (2017) yet. Really looking forward to it & I'm glad to hear it was as good as you say.

I haven't been able to steel myself to watch WTF, so I really can't comment on it.
Fogdude
Super Moderator
If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Topics: 65
Resources: 1
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the one looking up from beneath your desk...

Previous