Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

The Slippery Soapbox

You have opinions to share and bizarre questions to ask, this is the place for discussions that don't fit any other forum section.

Re: The Last Movie Or TV Show You Watched Rating & Review

Postby alienmem » Sep Fri 15, 2017 3:57 pm

So the dead men didn't tell any tales? usually dead people don't talk much but hey, maybe that's just my asssumption. ;)
alienmem
VIP Subscriber
I'm in a transitional period
Topics: 87
CoverArt: 122
Medals: 2
Wile E. Coyote Genius 2017 (1)Showdown Alienmem def Jamshedt (1)

Postby topmeasure » Sep Fri 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Thanks Foggy, I'll watch it tomorrow.
topmeasure
Forum Director
I Give You One Like!
Topics: 833
CoverArt: 675
Resources: 12
Medals: 6
EFX Forum Champ 2022 (1)EFX Forum Champ 2021 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2020 (1)EFX 5K Post Club (1)
EFX Froum Champ 2019 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2018 (1)

Postby alienmem » Sep Sat 16, 2017 6:33 am

I'm rewatching the films from my collection. The Game is probably David Fincher's weakest film(remember he disowned Alien3) but it's still a great film in my opinion

A Snake of June EFX Rating40 stars

The Game EFX Rating35 stars
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby Fogdude » Sep Sat 16, 2017 7:37 am

Shooter (2016-) Season 2
EFX Rating35 stars

Well, for a season that was planned as 10 episodes, but only 8 were filmed & aired, because the main actor broke his leg in an ATV accident, it wasn't too bad. Neither my wife, nor I, were happy with the ending. This series deserves another season, at least. It's decent entertainment & I was surprised at how well Ryan Phillippe filled Mark Wahlberg's shoes in the title role.
Fogdude
VIP Subscriber
If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Topics: 153
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the one looking up from beneath your desk...
Medals: 1
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby alienmem » Sep Sat 16, 2017 9:02 am

Fogdude wrote:Shooter (2016-) Season 2
EFX Rating35 stars

Well, for a season that was planned as 10 episodes, but only 8 were filmed & aired, because the main actor broke his leg in an ATV accident, it wasn't too bad. Neither my wife, nor I, were happy with the ending. This series deserves another season, at least. It's decent entertainment & I was surprised at how well Ryan Phillippe filled Mark Wahlberg's shoes in the title role.

hmmm. what's an ATV accident?
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby Fogdude » Sep Sat 16, 2017 9:10 am

alienmem wrote:hmmm. what's an ATV accident?

My apologies. It's the common acronym, for All Terrain Vehicle. Usually a 4 wheel, though some have only 3 wheels, typically single rider, for riding off-road, through rough ground or in deserts, like dune buggies, but smaller. Mostly hunters use them for hauling kills from forests & mountainous areas. Kids like them because they're relatively small, agile, fast & fun to ride, though quite dangerous because they're not terribly stable & have a tendency to flip, if you're not careful. Hundreds are killed on them, thousands are injured, every year.
Fogdude
VIP Subscriber
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby VincentLupo » Sep Sat 16, 2017 4:21 pm

A lot of ATVs are used for farm work.  With minor modification you can hook up smaller tractor equipment and have much better control.  They also cost less to operate than a tractor.  The best part is that I know what ATV meant.  I did.  I really did.

Back on topic:

I watched "Little Boy" last night.  That was a great movie.  I suspect that I'm in the minority there but if you want to try out something a bit silly and sappy then this is a good one.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)Pandapedia Official Founder (1)Official Panda Moderator (1)

Postby topmeasure » Sep Sat 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Watched the latest Pirates flick, it was pretty good, kept me in my seat, I think CGI is being overused in movies.
EFX Rating30 stars
topmeasure
Forum Director
I Give You One Like!
EFX Forum Champ 2022 (1)EFX Forum Champ 2021 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2020 (1)EFX 5K Post Club (1)

Postby chouette » Sep Mon 18, 2017 3:25 am

EFX Rating35 stars

Sorry if I'm going back to this one folks, but Fog, does this series end with a cliffhanger (uncomplete story) or you're just saying this because you wanted more episodes since you seemed to like it?
chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6499
Resources: 284
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Postby Fogdude » Sep Mon 18, 2017 8:07 am

chouette wrote:
EFX Rating35 stars

Sorry if I'm going back to this one folks, but Fog, does this series end with a cliffhanger (uncomplete story) or you're just saying this because you wanted more episodes since you seemed to like it?

It's not exactly what you'd call a traditional cliffhanger. It just ends kinda abruptly. It was clear this wasn't the planned season ending, though the producers said they thought it worked well enough. We disagree on that. Still, I wouldn't skip it just because of that. The rest of the series was good enough I'd watch it anyway. I'm trying not to give out any spoilers, here.
Fogdude
VIP Subscriber
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby chouette » Sep Mon 18, 2017 3:48 pm

Fogdude wrote:It's not exactly what you'd call a traditional cliffhanger. It just ends kinda abruptly. It was clear this wasn't the planned season ending, though the producers said they thought it worked well enough. We disagree on that. Still, I wouldn't skip it just because of that. The rest of the series was good enough I'd watch it anyway. I'm trying not to give out any spoilers, here.

Good enough for me Fog, thanks! :D
chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6499
Resources: 284
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Postby RRJR84 » Sep Tue 19, 2017 5:22 pm

decided to go back and watch the original 4 aliens films

Alien 7/10 still good but really slow movie i found.

Aliens 10/10 best one in the franchise imo

Alien 3 6/10 this one kinda seemed dragged on like they were running outta of ideas and according to the features that's sorta what happened.

Alien Resurrection 8/10 its defiantly got a 90s feel too it and feels more like a space adventure than an alien film but i still enjoyed it.

Game of thrones Seasons 1-3 10/10 wow im hooked idk why i waited so long to watch this show.

Octagon (1980) 4/10 wow one of the worst norris films imo
RRJR84
Designer
The Cartoon covers Guy
Topic author
Topics: 88
CoverArt: 883
Resources: 1
Showdown RRJR84 def TheDude (1)

Postby topmeasure » Sep Tue 19, 2017 5:41 pm

The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)
EFX Rating20 stars
topmeasure
Forum Director
I Give You One Like!

Postby Nickaberdeen » Sep Wed 20, 2017 12:26 am

I recently watched Shots Fired, it reminded me a lot of secrets and lies (which i thought was really good), it kept me going back for another episode so would probably say 8/10.

currently watching two shows at once (one for myself and one with the missus) the original criminal minds is the one i am re-watching myself, its not quite as good the second time round as a lot of the episodes were quite memorable from the first time so id have to say 7/10 just because i remember a lot of it, if it was something someone hadnt watched before id give it a 8/10. and the one one im watching with the missus is Scandal, its not bad the characters are reasonably likeable and the mini stories from episode to episode are good but the main story is a little boring, there is only so many times it can focus on the same story between two characters before you are ready to give up hope, id probably say 6/10 for that one.
Nickaberdeen
Exclusive Artist
Topics: 53
CoverArt: 314
2019 Rising Star Designer (1)

Postby alienmem » Sep Wed 20, 2017 5:40 am

Wrong EFX Rating35 stars Wonderful. it's from my collection. like the 5th or 6th viewing
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby Fogdude » Sep Wed 20, 2017 7:20 am

Marvel's "Luke Cage" (2016-) Season 1 EFX Rating30 stars

Not as bad as I feared but not really good, either. By the end of the season, both my wife & I felt somewhat beaten up by the constant ghetto talk & ambience. It seemed they were more interested in depicting urban black life than a super hero story. Individually, the cast did a decent job & except for the increasing trend to fall into over long soliloquies of angst & hand wringing, as the season neared its end, it was watchable. Assuming there's another season, we'll try it, but if it continues this trend, we'll probably drop it after that.
Fogdude
VIP Subscriber
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby Fogdude » Sep Thu 21, 2017 7:19 am

Alien: Covenant (2017) EFX Rating40 stars
An excellent continuation of the prequel series. Tied up all the loose ends & walks us right into the original. Not exactly a blockbuster, but a solid, well paced, enjoyable film.

Once Upon a Time in Venice (2017)EFX Rating0 stars
This was the single, most disappointing film I've seen with Bruce Willis in a prominent role. After 25 minutes, I said, "Well..." & my wife immediately said, "Yeah..." That was it. We switched to something else. ANYTHING else. Not a film I can recommend.
Fogdude
VIP Subscriber
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby topmeasure » Sep Thu 21, 2017 8:27 am

I haven't seen Once Upon A Time In Venice, but totally agree on Alien Covenant.

EFX Rating40 stars
topmeasure
Forum Director
I Give You One Like!

Postby stampe » Sep Thu 21, 2017 9:36 am

As bad as the Bruce flick was, Jason Momoa was hilarious in that :D
stampe
Artisan
dyslexic one
Topics: 62
CoverArt: 332
Resources: 5
Medals: 5
COTM May 2023 (1)COTM February 2023 (1)COTM February 2021 (1)2017 September Cover Contest (1)
Showdown Stampe def Jamshedt (1)

Postby Fogdude » Sep Thu 21, 2017 11:59 am

stampe wrote:As bad as the Bruce flick was, Jason Momoa was hilarious in that :D

I like Momoa. I wish I could have stomached the rest so I could have seen more of his performance. It just didn't seem worth it.
Fogdude
VIP Subscriber
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby alienmem » Sep Thu 21, 2017 4:10 pm

mother!

OMFG!!! I have never ever in my entire life seen a movie like this....it totally blew me away!!!

mother!

Rating  11 out of 10
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby ctaulbee » Sep Thu 21, 2017 11:14 pm

Marvel's The Defenders, or simply The Defenders

Netflix show based on the Marvel Comics characters Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, who form the eponymous superhero team. It is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films of the franchise and is the culmination of a series of interconnected shows from Marvel and Netflix.

The limited series stars Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock / Daredevil, Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones, Mike Colter as Luke Cage, and Finn Jones as Danny Rand / Iron Fist, all reprising their roles from their individual series. The miniseries also stars Eka Darville, Elden Henson, Jessica Henwick, Simone Missick, Ramón Rodríguez, Rachael Taylor, Deborah Ann Woll, Élodie Yung, Rosario Dawson, Scott Glenn, and Sigourney Weaver.

Well Defenders was actually fairly good, there were a few minor things that bugged me about it but overall it was pretty good, I don't want to include any spoilers here so I'll leave it at that.

Defenders = EFX Rating25 stars

I watched Jessica Jones first, I really like it she is great as a anti-hero, very cocky and self-assured yet just does not care, great character.

Jessica Jones = EFX Rating35 stars

I watched Iron Fist, I liked parts of it really well others not so much, was slow going, my big complaint is the way they oversell the defeated hero angle, it was just too much for me, he is not  a very interesting character too much of a wuss for me.

Iron Fist = EFX Rating20 stars

I watched part of Luke Cage, I liked him in Jessica Jones, the stand alone series not so much, still can't make myself finish it.

Luke Cage = EFX Rating10 stars

I have not watched Daredevil, Charlie Cox is not my idea of good in the role and was the most unlike-able character in Defenders IMHO, so I'll not be watching more of his boring antics in a series...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Gallery  •  Please leave a vote and short comment if you download my work, thanks.  •  My Criterion Collection
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1091
CoverArt: 3412
Resources: 4628
Medals: 56
2021 Cover of The Year (1)COTM March 2021 (1)COTM January 2021 (1)COTM November 2020 (1)
COTM July 2020 (1)COTM February 2020 (1)COTM January 2020 (1)COTM December 2019 (1)

Postby topmeasure » Sep Fri 22, 2017 3:27 am

Watched The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) again last night, they sure don't make them like they used to. It stands up to time, one of the greatest movies ever made.

EFX Rating40 stars
topmeasure
Forum Director
I Give You One Like!

Postby alienmem » Sep Fri 22, 2017 5:38 am

topmeasure wrote:Watched The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) again last night, they sure don't make them like they used to. It stands up to time, one of the greatest movies ever made.

EFX Rating40 stars

It's one of my favorite films as well. Errol Flynn was the man!!!
Completely agree with your statement.
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby RRJR84 » Sep Sun 24, 2017 6:34 am

Game of Thrones Season 4 and 5 10/10 im totally sold on this show each season just gets better, no slowing down at all
RRJR84
Designer
The Cartoon covers Guy
Topic author
Topics: 88
CoverArt: 883
Resources: 1
Showdown RRJR84 def TheDude (1)

PreviousNext