Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

The Slippery Soapbox

You have opinions to share and bizarre questions to ask, this is the place for discussions that don't fit any other forum section.

The Leftovers and Why you shoulld watch it!

Postby alienmem » Jul Wed 19, 2017 4:11 pm

I've shown my love for THE LEFTOVERS over several posts but I haven't seen anyone say "I hate it" or " I love it" so you probably haven't seen it, I'm guessing.

So here i am trying to convince you to give one of the greatest shows ever made a shot. Don't watch just 20 minutes and say ahhh. Watch it. If you're not hooked after season 1(10 episodes) then I can't explain. I cannot fathom anyone not loving this show. It is beyond my comprehension.

Ok here we go:

The Leftovers

I don't wanna give anything away just in case you haven't seen the show, but here's a trailer for those who haven't seen it. You're missin' out man. It is simply an astonishing show. I've included also for the interested videos on "WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH THE LETFOVERS":

Critical Acclaim

[font="Arial Black"]Why you need to watch The Leftovers[/font]

alienmem
VIP Subscriber
I'm in a transitional period
Topic author
Topics: 87
CoverArt: 122
Medals: 2
Wile E. Coyote Genius 2017 (1)Showdown Alienmem def Jamshedt (1)

Re: The Leftovers and Why you shoulld watch it!

Postby chouette » Jul Wed 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Simple. You love it. I won't. LOL
chouette
Site Moderator
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Topics: 281
CoverArt: 6499
Resources: 284
Medals: 18
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2022 (1)2023 January Cover Contest (1)15,000 Downloads (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2021 (1)
EFX ShoutBox Champ 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2019 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2019 (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Jul Wed 19, 2017 7:04 pm

:giggle:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Gallery  •  Please leave a vote and short comment if you download my work, thanks.  •  My Criterion Collection
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1091
CoverArt: 3412
Resources: 4628
Medals: 56
2021 Cover of The Year (1)COTM March 2021 (1)COTM January 2021 (1)COTM November 2020 (1)
COTM July 2020 (1)COTM February 2020 (1)COTM January 2020 (1)COTM December 2019 (1)

Postby Fogdude » Jul Wed 19, 2017 8:00 pm

chouette wrote:Simple. You love it. I won't. LOL

:wss
Fogdude
VIP Subscriber
If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Topics: 153
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the one looking up from beneath your desk...
Medals: 1
Mr Grumpy 2017 (1)

Postby alienmem » Jul Wed 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Fogdude wrote:
chouette wrote:Simple. You love it. I won't. LOL

:wss

We all know that you two don't like the stuff I like lol.  :D
alienmem
VIP Subscriber
Topic author

Postby VincentLupo » Jul Wed 19, 2017 8:22 pm

I have this series on my list.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)Pandapedia Official Founder (1)Official Panda Moderator (1)

Postby sauron » Jul Thu 20, 2017 4:07 am

Well... I'm going to give it a go Alien now that you brought it to my attention :D
sauron
VIP Subscriber
Build me a cover worthy of Mordor.
CoverArt: 27
Resources: 9

Postby sauron » Aug Fri 04, 2017 4:11 pm

So I finished watching this yesterday... I wouldn't say it's the best TV Show I've ever watched BUT it is a good TV Show and worth a watch, very well shot and the story is pretty good.

One thing I must say is the intro music from season 2 is terrible :giggle: - it is a shame it only latest 3 seasons as could have easily watched more as all acting I felt was good and the main characters were played very well by the actors/actresses.
sauron
VIP Subscriber

Postby alienmem » Aug Fri 04, 2017 4:50 pm

sauron wrote:So I finished watching this yesterday... I wouldn't say it's the best TV Show I've ever watched BUT it is a good TV Show and worth a watch, very well shot and the story is pretty good.

One thing I must say is the intro music from season 2 is terrible :giggle: - it is a shame it only latest 3 seasons as could have easily watched more as all acting I felt was good and the main characters were played very well by the actors/actresses.

I'm glad you liked it man!!! I told you you would.

It's just that good. It might not make you a true believer that it's the greatest thing ever made(that's always debatable) but I think anyone who watches the tv show will be hooked right do youi agree Sauron?

It has everything. Drama. Comedy, religion, sci-fi...You can't really define the genre of the show.

See? For anyone still not having watched the show(Ctaulbee included....cough) you owe it to the universe of good shows!!! :)

I kind of got used to the music since it realted to the show but it's very different from the opening of season 1 whcih is majestic right..but visually it's very well done...you just have to catch on to thjat country tune

for those who don't know what we're talking about here they are...openings for season 1 and 2.

alienmem
VIP Subscriber
Topic author

Postby sauron » Aug Fri 04, 2017 4:58 pm

alienmem wrote:
sauron wrote:So I finished watching this yesterday... I wouldn't say it's the best TV Show I've ever watched BUT it is a good TV Show and worth a watch, very well shot and the story is pretty good.

I'm glad you liked it man!!! I told you you would.

It's just that good. It might not make you a true believer that it's the greatest thing ever made(that's always debatable) but I think anyone who watches the tv show will be hooked right do youi agree Sauron?

It has everything. Drama. Comedy, religion, sci-fi...You can't really define the genre of the show.

See? For anyone still not having watched the show(Ctaulbee included....cough) you owe it to the universe of good shows!!! :)

I kind of got used to the music since it realted to the show but it's very different from the opening of season 1 whcih is majestic right..but visually it's very well done...you just have to catch on to thjat country tune

for those who don't know what we're talking about here they are...openings for season 1 and 2.

I suppose it depends on your tastes and I'm open to watching most things but I did enjoy it and like you said it does have everything.

Spoiler Block
I did find the people in white confusing though, maybe it's something I missed but I did find that bit weird, like what have they got to do with the people who departed? Laurie didn't depart but she randomly went there - I know she knew Patti from before because of her job but what's the point of them lol
sauron
VIP Subscriber

Postby alienmem » Aug Fri 04, 2017 7:13 pm

In response to Sauron:

Spoiler Block
Sauron, it's just the idea of 2% of the people suddenly disappearing from the face of the earth into thin air.
That notion is terrifying. The Guilty Remnant is precisly a cult made for those who cannot comprehend and move on with their lives knowing this fact. Their purpose is to not let people forget about what happened and not let people move on as it just didn't happen.

All the show is really in my opinion a study on religion, on beliefs, on questioning the unknown. Why are we mankind here?
Was there a Jesus and is Kevin the second coming of Jesus? What does this all mean, 2% of the population went where?
Will it happen again?

The great thing about the show is that it doesn't really give you all the answers. it actually gives you very few

Even Nora's explanation at the end might be a lie. She might be lying. She might have experienced or not something else.
We don't know. We can imagine. We can make of it what we want.

That's why I love stuff that doesn't shove every single explanation...doesn't bag you with info about evert single thing..whi is the ice crea melting mom? lol

The whos makes you think and leaves you after the show thinking about it because of that. That in myopinion is what makes a show powerful
alienmem
VIP Subscriber
Topic author

Postby ctaulbee » Aug Fri 04, 2017 7:24 pm

alienmem wrote:...For anyone still not having watched the show(Ctaulbee included....cough) you owe it to the universe of good shows!!!

:mike:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Gallery  •  Please leave a vote and short comment if you download my work, thanks.  •  My Criterion Collection
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1091
CoverArt: 3412
Resources: 4628
Medals: 56
2021 Cover of The Year (1)COTM March 2021 (1)COTM January 2021 (1)COTM November 2020 (1)
COTM July 2020 (1)COTM February 2020 (1)COTM January 2020 (1)COTM December 2019 (1)

Postby alienmem » Aug Mon 21, 2017 7:50 am

Nobody else has tried to watch it? It's such a great show and i dare anyone to watch the show and say it sucks r even that it isn't great...i dare you....i double dare you.
alienmem
VIP Subscriber
Topic author

Return to The Slippery Soapbox