Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

The Slippery Soapbox

You have opinions to share and bizarre questions to ask, this is the place for discussions that don't fit any other forum section.

Re: The OFFICIAL SPORTS thread

Postby Wrench » Oct Fri 12, 2018 5:20 pm

alienmem wrote:I'm so excited to see Brady kick Kansas's a$$!!! it's gonna be so much fun  :-$

Brady is just a cry baby :-l
Click on Image Below To View My Covers Image

Wrench
EFX Comp Organizer
If It's Not Broke Chewie Will Break it
Topics: 1109
CoverArt: 1735
Resources: 292
Occupation: Retired ASE Auto Tech, Annoy Chewie, Pamie and Sell Computers
Medals: 12
Speling Be Champian 2022 (1)The Immutable One 2021 (1)Most Obnoxious Shouts 2020 (1)EFX Mascot 2020 (1)
Captain Obvious 2019 (1)EFX 5K Post Club (1)2017 March Label Contest (1)EFX ShoutBox Champ 2016 (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Oct Fri 12, 2018 5:24 pm

alienmem wrote:I'm so excited to see Brady kick Kansas's a$$!!! it's gonna be so much fun  :-$

I hope the Patriots destroy them like 48-3 or something.

I fear for the Steelers, it's a division rivalry game and the baby tigers are playing well, we have the talent to beat them but that does not mean we will, our D has been sucking for the most part...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Gallery  •  Please leave a vote and short comment if you download my work, thanks.  •  My Criterion Collection
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topic author
Topics: 1091
CoverArt: 3412
Resources: 4628
Medals: 56
2021 Cover of The Year (1)COTM March 2021 (1)COTM January 2021 (1)COTM November 2020 (1)
COTM July 2020 (1)COTM February 2020 (1)COTM January 2020 (1)COTM December 2019 (1)

Postby alienmem » Oct Fri 12, 2018 6:39 pm

ctaulbee wrote:

I hope the Patriots destroy them like 48-3 or something.

I fear for the Steelers, it's a division rivalry game and the baby tigers are playing well, we have the talent to beat them but that does not mean we will, our D has been sucking for the most part...

And they will. Remember the time the Pats lost to the Jaguars and after that I was lamenting losing to them and I belive it was Topmeasure who said that the result was no surprise because the Patriots defense sucked?

Well, I partially agree with that. It sucked at the time. What I saw last week was a totally different ball game. The Pats are looking more and more like themselves. Remember that at the beginning of the season the Patriots had something like 20+ new players on their roaster. Belichick and the Patriots organization are known to be patient.

Having said that, Kansas has an amazing offense as of yet. No question but they have conceided a lot of points along the way and coming do Foxborough no rookie QB or any QB under the age of 25 has ever, let me bold this out EVER won a game against the Pats.

Haters are going to hate. When someone has success a lot of people get jealous and particularly in sports, the media is the one that starts it because they don't want a dominant team. So they want this QB Patrick Mahomes(who's been outstanding, make no mistake) to outlesson Brady. I don't know the future, but Brady has 5 rings, has 8 trips to the superbowl, has something like 572 TD passes, the most in NFL history. This Mahomes dude has 5 starts. Once again I'm not saying he's not talented. Talent alone doesn't get you nowhere, but I seriously believe KC will lose and if they lose the patriots will have the momentum to build on the win and potentially win the AFC and have home field advantage. Possibly.

Regarding the Steelers, with all that's going on. Big Ben saying he's not going to advocate for leveon bell once he returns and saying stuff I belive should stay in the locker room like when he said Antonio Brown would be better if he just ran in a straight line or something. I don't know what's going on in the Steelers locker room but this is a team sport and these things matter. But Steelers have owned the Bengals in their last 5 or 6 games(home or away) so while pressure is on the Steelers, no doubt about it, make no mistake that the Bengals will have that mental handicap on them, even they being 4-1.
alienmem
VIP Subscriber
I'm in a transitional period
Topics: 87
CoverArt: 122
Medals: 2
Wile E. Coyote Genius 2017 (1)Showdown Alienmem def Jamshedt (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Oct Sun 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Steelers beat the Bengals at home... again... the domination continues, I'm a very happy camper.

:bigsmile1:
My Gallery  •  Please leave a vote and short comment if you download my work, thanks.  •  My Criterion Collection
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Topic author
2021 Cover of The Year (1)COTM March 2021 (1)COTM January 2021 (1)COTM November 2020 (1)
COTM July 2020 (1)COTM February 2020 (1)COTM January 2020 (1)COTM December 2019 (1)

Postby tmscrapbook » Oct Sun 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Seahawks made mincemeat out of the Raiders today!   :-$   GO HAWKS  :D
tmscrapbook
Site Moderator
#1 Seattle Seahawks Fan
Topics: 322
CoverArt: 19491
Medals: 12
Contributor Of The Year 2022 (1)35,000 Downloads (1)25,000 Downloads (1)15,000 Downloads (1)
Contributor Of The Year 2021 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2020 (1)EFX Camp Counselor 2020 (1)Contributor Of The Year 2018 (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Oct Wed 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Well the Celtics won, it sure wasn't pretty they played god awful but the 6ers played worse lol, so a win is a win, I'll take it and be happy.

:D
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Topic author

Postby alienmem » Oct Thu 18, 2018 6:29 am

ctaulbee wrote:Well the Celtics won, it sure wasn't pretty they played god awful but the 6ers played worse lol, so a win is a win, I'll take it and be happy.

:D

They didn't play that bad but. Tatum is showing he's already a star. Horford is never "showy" but always efficient. Brown did some good stuff here and there. Kyrie has an awful game though. Everything he shot just didn't want to go in. Hayward didn't make a good game but these last two came from injuries. I think when the machinery gets going we have the potential to beat anyone. We have depth in our bench. Rozier would probably be a starter in 50% or more of all NBA teams. Smart is a hustler. We have Baynes and Theis, two bigs who aren't that bad.

But heck, Irving has a night off. Hayward is at 10% and we still win Philly by 18 points? I'd take that every day of the week.
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby alienmem » Oct Thu 18, 2018 2:23 pm

alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby ctaulbee » Oct Thu 25, 2018 2:25 pm

ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Topic author

Postby topmeasure » Oct Thu 25, 2018 2:26 pm

:hehe:
topmeasure
Forum Director
I Give You One Like!
Topics: 827
CoverArt: 675
Resources: 9
Medals: 6
EFX Forum Champ 2022 (1)EFX Forum Champ 2021 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2020 (1)EFX 5K Post Club (1)
EFX Froum Champ 2019 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2018 (1)

Postby alienmem » Oct Thu 25, 2018 4:37 pm

The Texans get the W today?
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby ctaulbee » Oct Thu 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Depends, they are at home but they have to have a good day to win, they are just very inconsistent but then again so is Miami...

How about them Red Soxs!

Oh and how about them Lakers LMAO on that one...
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Topic author

Postby alienmem » Oct Thu 25, 2018 4:45 pm

I hope the Red Sox take it home. I'm all Boston. Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Patriots. Boston is a fierce sporting city.

I'd love it so much if the lakers didn't even make the playoffs, but powers that be would not even let that happen.
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby ctaulbee » Oct Thu 25, 2018 4:53 pm

I thought that LA would give them more competition than they have, I watched both games of course and Boston seemed unchallenged really.

Man the Warriors look unbeatable, there is no team right now that can touch them, I'm not happy about that but it's true none the less.

I'm with you on the no playoffs for James and Co, one has to have dreams you know...
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Topic author

Postby alienmem » Oct Thu 25, 2018 5:05 pm

Houston this year is horrible. Who in their right mind would trade for Melo? The West is a powerhouse of great teams. My favourite West team is Utah Jazz. that kid Donovan Micthell is just like Kyrie irving in some aspects. Plus he's like 5 or 6 inches taller.

The Celtics are 2-2 but I can live with the Toronto loss. Toronto is a good team and our guys aren't 100% fit yet but in the last game against the Magic we just didn't put in the effort. We just though we would eventually outclass them and that's not how it goes sometimes. All teams have good players.

Yeah. The Dodgers were heavily favored to win again the world series but I'm not seeing it that way. If we take game 3 It'll be a massive blow for LA and a masive boost for Boston.
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby alienmem » Oct Fri 26, 2018 4:18 pm

Stay tuned

NFL Predictions:

This is what I think,

1-The Texans did indeed win over the Dolphins so I had that right.

2-  Eagles @ Jaguars- This is of difficult analysis. The Eagles aren't the team they were last year. Maybe the pressure of being champions is getting to them.
That being said this is a must win for the Eagles and I have them as slight favorites. I think it'll be tight. Eagles win though

3- Ravens @ Panthers - Going with the home team on this one. Panthers for the win. I think home factor will be key. Not a lock though

4-Jets @ Bears Chicago Bears. A done deal playing at home. A lock.

5-Bucanners @ Bengals. A lock for the Bengals.

6-Seahawks @ Lions. Lions for the win. Not a lock though

7- Broncos @ Chiefs. Are you kidding me? Broncos will be slaughtered. Kansas are in my opinion as of yet the best offense in the league. The combo Mahomes- Evans is just a powerhouse. Two locks on this one

8- Redskins @ Giants. Never count with the Giants so I'll take the Redskins to grab the W. not a lock though

9-Browns @ Steelers. Another easy game for the Steelers. Two locks.

10-Colts @ Raiders. Going with the Colts of course. Not a lock but most likely the Colts will win.

11- 49er's @ Cardinals- Ok, Which is the worst. Has to be the Cardinals right? 49ers for the win. Not a lock but almost.

12- NO Saints @ Vikings. This will be an interesting game. I favor the Vikings because of home factor only. Could go both ways though. This one, so far ,to me, is the most unpredictable game.

13- Packers @ Rams. Are you kidding me? Rams have been bulldozing everyone and have a potent team. Yet to lose a game it won't be at home. A lock.

14-MNF- Patriots @ Bills. I think close or not Patriots will dig out the W. A lock.

What do you guys think?
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby topmeasure » Oct Sat 27, 2018 2:21 pm

topmeasure
Forum Director
I Give You One Like!
Topics: 827
CoverArt: 675
Resources: 9
Medals: 6
EFX Forum Champ 2022 (1)EFX Forum Champ 2021 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2020 (1)EFX 5K Post Club (1)
EFX Froum Champ 2019 (1)EFX Froum Champ 2018 (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Oct Sat 27, 2018 6:00 pm

I'm in agreement on most of that.

I think the Jags could really hammer the Eagles though at home, they are like the Texans if they get the train going at home they are tough to stop, they have a lot of big young players.

The Ravens are always tough I dread playing them, they could handle the Panthers with ease if they get things going their way at all.

Packers vs Rams will be the game of the week, if the Packers are off it could be a blow-out for the Rams by the same token if the Packers get their game going they can give them a lot to deal with on offense. Bottom line though is I think the Rams win because at the end of the day I don't know how you stop Gurley... he is IMHO the best running back in the NFL right now.
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Topic author

Postby alienmem » Oct Sat 27, 2018 6:53 pm

ctaulbee wrote:I'm in agreement on most of that.

I think the Jags could really hammer the Eagles though at home, they are like the Texans if they get the train going at home they are tough to stop, they have a lot of big young players.

The Ravens are always tough I dread playing them, they could handle the Panthers with ease if they get things going their way at all.

Packers vs Rams will be the game of the week, if the Packers are off it could be a blow-out for the Rams by the same token if the Packers get their game going they can give them a lot to deal with on offense. Bottom line though is I think the Rams win because at the end of the day I don't know how you stop Gurley... he is IMHO the best running back in the NFL right now.

I agree. I don't know about the running back though. I've seen that kid number 26 from the Giants play and the guy rolls over everyone. He has such a low center of gravity he can zig zag-stop-and then explode. There was a game the Giants played at home where they lost but the guy was just amazing.

But yeah, The Rams will win. I could've gone with the Ravens because they're defense is amazing but I don't know. Falcons at home..I dunno.

About the Eagles and Jags. it's going to be tight. The Eagles are resting on their superbowl and just didn't prepare for the defending of the reign. They're the target now and they don't seem to be handling that well. Still. If they can improve a litle on offense they can get the win. The Jags can get it going as well. It's gonna be tight I think
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby alienmem » Nov Tue 06, 2018 8:11 am

Interviewer talking to Brady: Some people say that God sent Aaron Rodgers to earth to show the world how to quarterback.

Tom Brady: I don't remember sending anyone.
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby ctaulbee » Nov Fri 09, 2018 12:56 am

ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Topic author

Postby alienmem » Nov Fri 09, 2018 4:53 pm

NFL Predictions for this week:

1- Detroit Lions x Chicago Bears - Chicago Bears

2- New Orleans Saints x Cincinnatti Bengals - Saints.
Saints are probably the most in form team in the league right now.

3- Atlanta Falcons x Cleveland Browns - Falcons

4- Jacksonville Jaguars - Indiana Colts - Jaguars

5-Bucanners @ Bengals. A lock for the Bengals.

6- Arizona Cardinals x Kansas City Chiefs. Yeah, I thin everyone already knows how this will pan out.

7- Buffalo Bills x New Jersey Jets. Jets with a slight advantage.

8- Washington Redskins x Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Tough one to call. I'll take Tampa.

9- New Engalnd Patriots x Tennessee Titans- Patriots

10- Miami Dolphins x Green Bay Packers. Dolphins are so cute right? Nobody's affraid of Dolphins right. They'll lose.

11- Seattle Seahawks x LA Rams - Our Pamela isn't going to have a good weekend. The Rams come off a defeat and they haven't bee nwinning convincingly of late but 100% they'll win this one

12- NO Saints @ Vikings. This will be an interesting game. I favor the Vikings because of home factor only. Could go both ways though. This one, so far ,to me, is the most unpredictable game.

13- Packers @ Rams. Are you kidding me? Rams have been bulldozing everyone and have a potent team. Yet to lose a game it won't be at home. A lock.

14- Dallas Cowboys x Philadelphia Eagles. It's a pitty that such an historical team like the Cowboys have been strolling in the desert for I don't know how many years. I think the league deserves a great Cowboys team. But times, they are a changin'. Eagleswin this one easily. If not any hopes they still had for the post season are over.

15- NY Giants - San Francisco 49's - I think San Fransisco wqill be a gay old town Monday (pun intended. I repeat, pun intended. because San Francisco is gay capital of the world..hehe)

What do you guys think?
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

Postby ctaulbee » Nov Fri 09, 2018 5:33 pm

I think you have the Saints playing twice lol, the Vikings are off this week...
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Topic author

Postby VincentLupo » Nov Fri 09, 2018 6:44 pm

I think you have way too much time on your hands.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)Pandapedia Official Founder (1)Official Panda Moderator (1)

Postby alienmem » Nov Sat 10, 2018 9:27 am

VincentLupo wrote:I think you have way too much time on your hands.

I look at my hands and I can't find it. Do you know where it's hidden?
alienmem
VIP Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to The Slippery Soapbox