Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

The Slippery Soapbox

The OFFICIAL SPORTS thread

You have opinions to share and bizarre questions to ask, this is the place for discussions that don't fit any other forum section.

Re: The OFFICIAL SPORTS thread

Postby alienmem » Dec Mon 04, 2017 11:46 am

ctaulbee wrote:Yeah they been winning again, the Cavs are closing in though, they need to get the afterburners going.

Kyrie has been making some killer plays, he just keeps getting better and better
:-$

Yeah it's too bad that the Celtics don't have really great shooters to capitalize on Irving's amazing 1-1 where he attracts like 2, 3 guys and just passes and most of the time Brown, Tatum, whatever, just don't capitalize. The only reliable shooter is Horford. He does the simple things effectively and Boston needs, especially come playoff time to start hitting these open shots.

Boston is great defensively but come playoff time, we have to hit these open shots. We cannot afford to have the percentage of field goals we have now which I belive is like 30 something percent.

Oh and I dond't mention this but as a Patriots fan I didn't understand why Gronk wasn't ejected as well. He'll probably be suspended. Hope not because he's a great player.
alienmem
Designer
I'm in a transitional period
Topic author
Topics: 63
CoverArt: 96
Medals: 2
Wile E. Coyote Genius 2017 (1)Showdown Alienmem def Jamshedt (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Dec Mon 04, 2017 12:12 pm

They will probably fine him, he may not get suspended but if he does it will just be one game.
You can find all my covers by clicking the spine image, if you download any please leave a comment or smiley, thanks
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1027
CoverArt: 1814
Resources: 18064
Medals: 30
COTM July 2017 (1)2017 May Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2017 (1)COTM February 2017 (1)
2017 February Cover Contest (1)COTM December 2016 (1)COTM November 2016 (1)2016 June Cover Contest (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Dec Tue 05, 2017 12:19 am

Man another close win in hostile territory Bengals always play us hardcore, game was bang-bang brutal, next up the Ravens come to Pitt that is another AFC North rivalry and it will be a vicious division game too.

Then the dreaded Pats come to Pitt, hell of a way to end the season, first two of our toughest rivals in a row and one of them on the road, then New England comes marching in.

Have to go to Houston for the last game in the regular season and whip up on the Texans, that game should be a cakewalk after these last three...
You can find all my covers by clicking the spine image, if you download any please leave a comment or smiley, thanks
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
COTM July 2017 (1)2017 May Cover Contest (1)COTM March 2017 (1)COTM February 2017 (1)
2017 February Cover Contest (1)COTM December 2016 (1)COTM November 2016 (1)2016 June Cover Contest (1)

Postby alienmem » Dec Tue 05, 2017 9:06 am

I saw the score and I read they made a great comeback. Some guys trolled the other team a lot saying the Bengals need their games to finsih at half-time..hehe
alienmem
Designer
Topic author

Postby ctaulbee » Dec Tue 12, 2017 12:05 am

Patriots lose to the Dolphins 20-27, I'm elated  :D

Best part, as always was the after game interview with Coach Belichick he's always funny with the short answers but after a loss he is particularly annoyed by all questions and responds very succinctly while showing zero expression or emotion.

One quick example -

Reporter: Can you explain what happened with that on-side kick at the end of the game?

Coach Belichick: They recovered it.

He cracks me up  :D
ctaulbee
Super Administrator

Postby alienmem » Dec Tue 12, 2017 7:24 am

I knew you would be here happy as hell. I knew it...

Sometimes the questions are stupid though. "Can you explain to me this?". "What happened?"

Don't the reporters have eyes?

That being said we're gonna go to Pittsburgh next week to snatch the 1rst place in the conference.

Bray don't lose twice!!!
alienmem
Designer
Topic author

Postby ctaulbee » Dec Tue 12, 2017 10:50 am

They asked because it was a really silly looking kick even for a on-side kick, it was really slow, he just tapped it right up the middle at the receiving team, never seen that done like that before, the announcers were all mystified as to what the thinking was as they had never seen it done like that before either.

So my impression was the press wanted to get a feel for what Coach was thinking when he called that and I guess if it had went as intended or if perhaps there was some kind of goof by special teams and they had not done it how he wanted, that type of thing.
ctaulbee
Super Administrator

Postby alienmem » Dec Tue 12, 2017 12:29 pm

ctaulbee wrote:They asked because it was a really silly looking kick even for a on-side kick, it was really slow, he just tapped it right up the middle at the receiving team, never seen that done like that before, the announcers were all mystified as to what the thinking was as they had never seen it done like that before either.

So my impression was the press wanted to get a feel for what Coach was thinking when he called that and I guess if it had went as intended or if perhaps there was some kind of goof by special teams and they had not done it how he wanted, that type of thing.

I think it's pretty clear what they wanted, but the kick was awfully slow.

They wanted to kick it very gently so at the 10 yard line everbody would be fighting for the possession.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Didn't work out. But he's proved he's a great coach.

We'll see. The Patriots are already in the playoffs so they got to be prepared for whatever comes. Hope they can win in Pittsburgh so they can win the conference. If that doesn't happen, they gotta be prepared for any oponent.
alienmem
Designer
Topic author

Postby ctaulbee » Dec Tue 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Boston had a bad night without Mr. Irving :(
ctaulbee
Super Administrator

Postby alienmem » Dec Tue 12, 2017 4:00 pm

ctaulbee wrote:Boston had a bad night without Mr. Irving :(

Irving is more than half the team. But it's good to lose every now and then in the regular season. Motivates them more
alienmem
Designer
Topic author

Previous