Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

The Slippery Soapbox

You have opinions to share and bizarre questions to ask, this is the place for discussions that don't fit any other forum section.

Out For A Few Months

Postby Sarge » Jan Mon 09, 2017 9:41 pm

I had some surgery done on my right knee (get well time is 3 to 4 months), had a new digital hard-drive installed on my PC, which now means I have to reinstall everything all over again, I do have a new iMac, but I have not even ventured much into it as far as getting Photoshop CC from Adobe for $9.99 a month is not happening at this time, seems everyone would rather rip you off even more with monthly fees instead of letting you purchase it outright, Windows is next, you got 10 for free, the next version will be monthly fee only.  If all goes well I hope to making covers again by the middle of February.
Sarge
Artisan
Topic author
Topics: 12
CoverArt: 796
Resources: 11

Re: Out For A Few Months

Postby 2getted » Jan Mon 09, 2017 10:46 pm

I hope the knee surgery went well. The worst part now will be the rehab work. The best example I've seen of a horrific knee injury and then full recovery was the NFL player Jerry Rice. His rehab story got me interested in trying the Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplements he used and after eight weeks I did notice a vast improvement with the ligament damage in my ankles (yep, both of them). I believe the ratio needed is 5:4 and it's hard to find that combination as the Chondroitin is expensive. Good luck with your recovery.

Now I completely agree with you re the ongoing fee structure everyone seems to be adopting. Adobe & MS Office peeved me to no end with their payment structure which is why I've kept the last full paid versions of each for now. I'll hold out as long as I can. But if the next MS OS is going down that same path well I'll just stick with Linux and all the work-arounds you have to do to get it working.
2getted
VIP Subscriber
Topics: 16
CoverArt: 17

Re: Out For A Few Months

Postby VincentLupo » Jan Tue 10, 2017 12:38 am

All the best in your recovery.
VincentLupo
The Panda Moderator
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 2
Medals: 3
EFX 5K Post Club (1)Pandapedia Official Founder (1)Official Panda Moderator (1)

Return to The Slippery Soapbox