Current Contest Banner

EFX Subscriptions

Closed WIPs

Archive for closed Work In Progress threads, retained for reference.

Re: Kill Bill - DVD Cover

Postby alienmem » Jun Wed 21, 2017 10:12 am

Thanks C and S. I feel your suggestion and your approvement of the suggestion are correct. I have just seen what C sketched but I think It'll work out fine.

i actually Like the outline as it was but yeah. It introduces more color and is "busy" as you say. Gonna try to finish this today. No hurries but at night maybe when It's not so hot..It's so hot today!! Like 100 degrees

Thanks. Updates soon

chouette wrote:I don't know, I feel it looks weird to have just Uma Thurman on top like this. But then again, if that's what you like, then that's what should stay. I just won't like it, LOL - Just kidding!

;)

Thanks Chou for the comments but just putting UMA THURMNA was the point Iwanted to make. i already have their face on the back and their names on the credit.

One coukd argue that Kill Bill is really about "The Bride". It is so my thinking was why not make it just her name on the front. I think it works. I hope you get to like it when all is finished. :)
alienmem
VIP Subscriber
I'm in a transitional period
Topic author
Topics: 87
CoverArt: 122
Medals: 2
Wile E. Coyote Genius 2017 (1)Showdown Alienmem def Jamshedt (1)

Postby ctaulbee » Jun Thu 22, 2017 12:24 pm

I have spoken with Alien at length on this cover in PM since before this topic started actually.

I'm a fan of this print by Karl Fitzgerald myself, I think he is a very talented artist.

So with Aliens blessing I have finished the version of the cover I started while showing him my ideas for it, I also have done a Blu-ray version and a full set of labels for each, they will all be in the gallery soon.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Gallery  •  Please leave a vote and short comment if you download my work, thanks.  •  My Criterion Collection
ctaulbee
Super Administrator
Hand Me The Sledgehammer... I'll Fix It!
Topics: 1091
CoverArt: 3412
Resources: 4628
Medals: 56
2021 Cover of The Year (1)COTM March 2021 (1)COTM January 2021 (1)COTM November 2020 (1)
COTM July 2020 (1)COTM February 2020 (1)COTM January 2020 (1)COTM December 2019 (1)

Postby sauron » Jun Thu 22, 2017 12:51 pm

ctaulbee wrote:I have spoken with Alien at length on this cover in PM since before this topic started actually.

I'm a fan of this print by Karl Fitzgerald myself, I think he is a very talented artist.

So with Aliens blessing I have finished the version of the cover I started while showing him my ideas for it, I also have done a Blu-ray version and a full set of labels for each, they will all be in the gallery soon.

Look forward to seeing what you have done C!
sauron
VIP Subscriber
Build me a cover worthy of Mordor.
Topics: 7
CoverArt: 27
Resources: 9

Previous

Return to Closed WIPs