|Guidelines And Rules For Uploads To This Gallery
#1 Rule - READ ALL the Guidelines before you upload anything.
While we do appreciate the enthusiasm of our new members wanting to join in right away, we do ask that you be patient, it may take us a little while to evaluate your uploads.
You must Enter a Title and Select a Language & Format from the drop-down boxes for each upload, it's Your Responsibility to make sure they are correct and not ours to check behind you, the site will try to guess but it can get it wrong so verifiy it each time.
Please understand your work can be rejected for many reasons beyond these basic guidelines, staff will notify you of the reason for the deletion via PM at which point you can then review your work, make the appropriate changes and resubmit at a future date.
The #1 reason uploads are rejected here is new members not properly sizing them, they MUST one of the sizes on the list below or they will just get deleted, so please check it before you make an upload. We have templates available for free in the gallery to help you get the sizes correct, PM any staff member if you have questions.
The approved artwork dimensions can be found here: Approved Case Sizes all arwork must meet these size requirments, this is not optional.
If they do not meet these minimum requirements they will be DELETED, so please follow these few simple rules:
Customs or Scans:
Make sure the cover or label is sized correctly, the most common covers and labels uploaded along with the preferred sizes are:
In addition your uploads must comply with all these.
- Custom or Scanned DVD Cover @ 3240 X 2175.
- Custom or Scanned Blu-ray Cover @ 3118 X 1748 or 3173 X 1762.
- Custom Blu-ray or DVD Disc Labels @ 1500 X 1500 full face only. This means no fake holes on customs. No scanned labels accepted.
- Multi-disc cases for both Blu-ray and DVD vary in size, so see the case size link above for all sizes that are accepted.
For Scans only:
- All must be 300 dpi saved as jpg only for covers & labels.
- Max file size for cover or label 9 megs as the typical is 3-7 megs.
- All images used must be of hi-quality, with proper levels and color adjustments.
- Free of blur, pixelation and/or jpg artifacts from over compression or improper settings.
- All text & logos must be easy to read, legible, crisp and sharp.
Make a thorough search of the site for a scan you are going to upload. We don't want duplicates on scans obviously, unless it's of a higher quality than what is already posted, in which case make sure a staff member knows you are posting it to replace an existing scan.
Some more specific requirements just for scans:
- They must be aligned and scaled in proportion.
- Black levels and colors must be correct.
- Spine in correct location.
- No borders, marks, shadows, etc.
- No moire patterns.
- If none of this makes sense to you, you probably need to research before uploading scans.
How To Properly Name Uploaded Files can be found here: Using Proper Files Names
Low Quality Artwork, Wrong Sized or any items that we deem to have No Merit will be deleted without notice -- even if they meet the minimum requirements of size and quality -- please don't waste our time with junk uploads in attempts to gain access.
If you are unsure on anything then ask "before" you upload.
Thanks for supporting EFX with your uploads.